Experience with Aimpoint T1 mount on Handguns (for S&W 52)

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

chiltech500

Experience with Aimpoint T1 mount on Handguns (for S&W 52)

Post by chiltech500 »

Hi,

I'm not that smart, I bought an Aimpoint micro for my new 52 and the T1 "kit" for mounting. I am missing something in how to use this mount/.

Anyone familiar with this mount or in general, Aimpoint Micro mounting options for a handgun?

Thanks in advance, bernie
chiltech500

Re: Experience with Aimpoint T1 mount on Handguns (for S&W 5

Post by chiltech500 »

oh geez, the mount is for use with a picatinny rail. Idiot me thought you could use in the rear sight dovetail.

Anyone familiar with an Aimpoint micro mounting system that doesn't add weight or bulk?

Thanks
jglenn

Post by jglenn »

check out BME mounts.. they have one for the 52 and Micro
chiltech500

Post by chiltech500 »

Thanks so much.

I finally splurged big time for the Aimpoint and want to have the "perfect" 52 sytem, ideally that doesn't add any wear or holes. I do have (2) Ultradot 1" and (3) Burris small reflex sights but all mount with Picatinny/Weaver rail systems. However don't want to rail the 52.

I would like to take off the Ultradot and move a Burris to my Baer Wadcutter.The Ultra dots are so heavy and my Baer Wadcutter has a steel rail that runs the length of the slide and it is heavy too. Very little kick to the Baer with all that weight and it handles the weight beautifully with my typical Bullseye load of VV N310 4.0 gr pushing a 200 gr LSWC. Thumbs up to Baer!
shadow

Post by shadow »

Buy yourself an old, ugly 52. Drill that slide and mount your red dot as low as possible and get the right load for proper function. Keep the one you have pristine and beautiful.
Jerry Keefer

Post by Jerry Keefer »

Get a David Sams mount.. The gun will operate unimpeded by the weight on the slide. We worked on a way to utilize Dave's frame mount with the H-1 and Dave is now manufacturing them.. it should be installed by Dave.. it's the best out there..
javaduke

Post by javaduke »

I have this one on my 52: http://www.bme-mounts.com/sw52-rr.html . All you have to do is to remove the rear sight, no need to drill the slide. Works perfectly with standard 2.7gr BE / 148gr bullet load.
There's also a shorter version for T1 Micro: http://www.bme-mounts.com/sw52aimpoint.html