Bringing up trigger pull weight on a pardini GT45

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

machinist mike

Bringing up trigger pull weight on a pardini GT45

Post by machinist mike »

I am trying to bring up the trigger weight on my GT45 to 3 1/2 lbs but an kind of at a loss. I know that I can add weight to the second stage but I would prefer to put in on the first stage. Any suggestions? Thanks.
ghillieman

Re: Bringing up trigger pull weight on a pardini GT45

Post by ghillieman »

Yes, I had the same problem. I like a single stage slight roll trigger with minimal reset, here is how I fixed my GT.

Remove the second stage assembly from the frame and disassemble. There will be a detent ball, a spring, a set screw, and the housing which is a hollow threaded screw. You will be reengineering how this assembly works but a new one can be bought for $35 from Pardini USA.

Once you have it apart take a small drill and remove the lip from the housing that holds the ball in place. Deburr and polish this area.

You need a lower reciever spring kit for an AR-15. There is a spring in there, I believe it was the lower reciever pin detent spring, that fits perfectly inside that housing. This spring is thicker and has a heavier weight than the original Pardini spring. Cut off about 8 coils, you will need to stone the sides of the spring to flatten them slightly and then polish it so that it will not catch on anything and will operate smoothly. Reinstall the housing with blue loctite and set the over travel where you want it. Install the new spring, then the ball, then the set screw. The new spring will contact the trigger group directly and fitting the length correctly will take some trial and error. Once you have the length correct put purple loctite #222 on the set screw and adjust the weight. Aim for about 3lb 12oz.

I wish I knew earlier, I was at Perry, if you were there I would have let you checked it out. It makes weight and shoots great. Some of my targets are on the Pardini Facebook page.