gsp expert allowed for 22 EIC

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

craigp34

gsp expert allowed for 22 EIC

Post by craigp34 »

Hello everyone. Hope everyone had a safe and fun Fourth! I was just reading the rules for the new 22 eic match and it appears that the Walther GSP Expert cannot be used for this match. While the gun has mainly a simple barrel weight I am confused as to whether this is really the type of recoil device the rules are referring to.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
dronning

Re: gsp expert allowed for 22 EIC

Post by dronning »

I wasn't sure how to link this a post from another forum clarifies your question. It is not the barrel weight that is the issue, if the barrel is ported it is not allowed.

The response below was about a AW93 which does have a recoil compensating device but is NOT ported.

"Let's put this to rest.

I shot the 22 EIC match in Oklahoma with my Pardini SP older version with 4 internal spring weights and Nygord orthopedic grip. I was NOT disqualified as having a recoil compensating device. It was made very clear that the rule was intended to exclude pistols with a gas operated recoil reduction device. Your AW93 is legal, as long as it does not have a ported barrel."

- Dave
Certified Safety Instructor: Rifle & Pistol
They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
~ Ben Franklin
craigp34

Post by craigp34 »

Thanks Dave. I appreciate your response.

-Craig
Wile E Coyote

Post by Wile E Coyote »

The post he's referring to is: http://www.bullseyeforum.net/t4061-anyo ... shed-badge

There's also this clarification on the CMP site which specifically names the Pardini but also applies to the GSP: http://thecmp.org/instructions-for-cmp- ... c-matches/