One Spot For Pardini Info

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

beeser

Re: One Spot For Pardini Info

Post by beeser »

mld wrote:I had been following the discussions regarding the accuracy of the Pardini .32 ACP and was prepared to buy one.

However, the Canadian dealer informed me the .32 ACP calibre is prohibited in Canada. He was unable to register the .32 ACP version so he can't sell them.

Anyone want to buy a brand new set of .32 ACP dies? :)
I was about to offer you my .32 ACP conversion until I read the entire post. Does that mean Canadians can't even buy a conversion, which doesn't even require transfer through an FFL here in the US?
mld

Post by mld »

The problem as I see it is the federal police force (RCMP) wants to disarm us. We do not have a 2nd Amendment.

According to the RCMP's website the definition of a prohibited handgun is:

a handgun that
• has a barrel equal to or less than 105 mm in length, or
• is designed or adapted to discharge a 25 or 32 calibre cartridge, but does not include any such handgun that is prescribed, where the handgun is for use in international sporting competitions governed by the rules of the International Shooting Union.

ISU is now ISSF of course.

According to the ISSF rules, a prescribed hand gun is:

Any center fire pistol or revolver, except a single shot pistol, of
caliber 7.62 mm to 9.65 mm (.30” - .38”) that conforms to the
PISTOL SPECIFICATION TABLE may be used.

Unless I'm mistaken a Pardini .32 ACP with iron sights would fit in the ISSF box and conform to the specifications.

Or am I totally out to lunch here?
fc60

32 ACP Legal In Your Neighborhood?

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

The legality may be on a National Level in Canada as it is in Italy.

In Italy, it is illegal to have a pistol chambered for a Military or Police cartridge. This is the reason Pardini of Italy ships unchambered barrels to PardiniUSA who in turn have them chambered for the 32 ACP in the USA.

Pardini of Italy was trying to obtain a waiver to chamber the barrels for export use only. I do not believe they, Pardini of Italy, were successful.

Perhaps in Canada it is a Military or Police cartridge?

I am sure all these regulations are keeping us safe from terrorism so we should embrace the wisdom of our Governments.

Cheers,

Dave
waxman

Post by waxman »

PardiniUSA has been very responsive to technical inquiries, service, and parts shipping in my experience.
Complete overhaul of a CO2 air pistol in a week. Thank you Emil!
John
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Would anyone know if there are any plans to offer the .32ACP, and .22 conversion, in Australia?
I would think seriously about buying one if available.
Someone I know seems to think there is a .32swl .22 conversion combo available also, I've not heard of it.

I guess I could ask the importer, but its Sunday here.
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings James,

The Pardini 32 ACP is the brain child of PardiniUSA. It is illegal to produce 32 ACP barrels in Italy, as the cartridge is deemed a Military and Police caliber.

However, the clever folks at PardiniUSA were able to get Pardini of Italy to machine special bolts that accept the rim of the 32 ACP but not the 32 S&W Long.

The barrels are sent from Italy to the USA unchambered and PardiniUSA finishes them to 32 ACP in the USA.

They, PardiniUSA, market a pistol called the Bullseye Edition. This pistol is capable of swapping the 22lr, 32 ACP, and 32 S&W Long. There are dimensional differences in the ears of the bolts and slots in the frame that exclude other models from interchanging.

In summary, this is a unique pistol to the USA and since PardiniUSA must have an Import License, they "may" be able to export one to Oz. Sadly, the UN Treaty on Arms and various US laws may add several dollars to the final price.

Cheers,

Dave
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Thanks, I guess its quite improbable then.

Does the .32ACP have the same odd disconnector design? Several Pardini .32SWL I know of have had breech explosions due to the breech being well open when the hammer dropped.
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

All I can tell you is my Pardini 32 ACP is the most accurate handgun I have ever owned. In 22 I had a tuned Ruger Mark III and an AW-93. Now my CF scores are higher than my 22 scores. Because the Pardini is so accurate I am fully confident and expect my CF scores to be high..probably as much mental as gun, but it is crazy accurate.

Chip
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings James,

I cannot answer your question regarding the disconnector as I do not own a 32 Pardini. I did have a GT-45 for a while; but, since I shoot right handed and am left eye dominant, I could not adjust the rear sight to stay on target.

As a Tool Maker, I was impressed with the workmanship of the Pardini pistols I have seen and owned.

My FAS603 did blow out the rear of the cartridge when the bolt did not close fully. This FAS has a tight chamber and I shamefully let too much crud build up during shooting causing the cartridge not to seat fully.

Cheers,

Dave
paulmcallister

Post by paulmcallister »

Hello everyone,

Is there thread discussing / comparing the accuracy of the Pardini .32 ACP versus .32 S&W ?
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

My CAD model - Solidworks - proceeds slowly (I am interested to reverse engineer it for a few reasons)
Maybe a FAS602 and TOZ49 will follow.