Bennelli 32 s&w long

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Nine major

Bennelli 32 s&w long

Post by Nine major »

Does anyone have or know anything about shooting a Benelli 32s&w long in bullseye.
twcooke

Re: Bennelli 32 s&w long

Post by twcooke »

I just shot mine today in the NW regionals. What would you like to know?
Nine major

Post by Nine major »

Nine major wrote:Does anyone have or know anything about shooting a Benelli 32s&w long in bullseye.
How accurate is the gun from 50&25 yard. What sort of problem if any have you had and how do you like the gun
twcooke

Post by twcooke »

Fortunately for me, Dave Wilson lives in the area, so I have a good load that works well at 50 yards with the stock barrel. I shot a 1-5/8 x 2-1/8 test group (100-9x) off of sand bags while working up my load. I shot an 842-16x at the match today. I was not real steady on the long line. The only complaint I have about the gun is that it is pretty nose heavy, but that may be more a comment on my fitness than anything else. One problem I have had with the gun was finding a suitable replacement for the crumbled factory buffer. I found some urethane rubber sheet on eBay that I was able to trim down to size. Getting the right durometer rating (50) seems to be the key. The other problem was getting the lips of the magazines spaced properly to feed the first round. I have not had an alibi of any sort since working these two issues out. I also own the .22 version which I shot today as well. I am working on getting both guns set up the same as far as grips, triggers and maybe muzzle weight.
Nine major

Post by Nine major »

Could I possibly get your load bullet,crip lenght and powder and amount for short and long line.
rmca

Post by rmca »

twcooke wrote:One problem I have had with the gun was finding a suitable replacement for the crumbled factory buffer. I found some urethane rubber sheet on eBay that I was able to trim down to size. Getting the right durometer rating (50) seems to be the key.
A couple of friends of mine had quite an unexpected success with a piece of rubber from a tire (I think it was of an off road truck). Cut it to size and it should last a long time.

Hope this helps
Sa-tevo

Post by Sa-tevo »

Not sure if this is the same creature: http://www.bullseyeforum.net/t1453-bene ... uffer-free
FredB

Post by FredB »

Sa-tevo wrote:Not sure if this is the same creature: http://www.bullseyeforum.net/t1453-bene ... uffer-free
The buffer DavidR describes on the Bullseye Forum is definitely better in my .22 Benelli than either the factory buffer or the buffer sold by Larry's. It actually cured some function problems that my gun had with Larry's buffer, and has held up very well. If and when it needs to be replaced, the cost will be zero - can't beat that.
twcooke

Post by twcooke »

My load consists of a Lapua case, a Speer 98 grain wadcutter, a Winchester small pistol magnum primer and 1.4 grains of N310. The wadcutters have been swaged to .314" diameter using dies that David Wilson machined. They basically turn the Speer bullet into an H&N bullet. The Lapua cases are expanded using a custom .315" expander that I had made that is as long as the bullet. This prevents the soft lead bullet from being resized by the case when loading. I leave .010" of lead exposed at the case mouth to keep the case from being damaged while chambering the round. OAL ends up around .957". I reload on a Dillon 550B press.
twcooke

Post by twcooke »

The key fobs described in the article are very thin on the ground where I live. That's why I went to the trouble to track down some sheet urethane.
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

If you are having problems with your Benelli 32 long, it is most likely because your recoil spring is getting weak. I have used a piece of Polyoxymethylene sometimes called delrin that I cut and made exactly the same size as the original buffer from Benelli. When I start having alibis, every several thousand rounds or so, I stretch my recoil spring about another inch and the problem is solved. If you want to prove whether this is your problem just lighten your loads and if it quits problem solved.
Leon

Post by Leon »

I don't suppose one of you could post a picture of one of these key fobs?

I'm not sure that these are readily available in Australia...