NRA Pistol chairman stepping down

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Isabel1130

NRA Pistol chairman stepping down

Post by Isabel1130 »

http://www.bullseyeforum.net/t4191-nra-departure

This was posted over on the bullseye L board.

I know a lot of you have noticed the turmoil in the competition division of the NRA the last couple of years.
jglenn

Re: NRA Pistol chairman stepping down

Post by jglenn »

Think the retirement was from Frustration.
shaky hands

Post by shaky hands »

For those not in the loop, what was the problem?
Froneck

Post by Froneck »

Tom posted the Competitions division was a rudderless ship. I guess he was tired of trying to make things better but no matter what he tried no-one would listen.
The NRA has become an organization run by those that do not participate in the sport so they know nothing about it.
Most of the positions at the NRA are paid, quite well I might add. Tom's leaving may indicate he has something better lined-up. There is some talk about getting Pistol to separate from the NRA just like Shot Gun so maybe something is in the works, I hope so. Not sure what happened with small-bore but they don't compete at Perry anymore. Range change is to High-Power now and the tent they used was given so that now there is a tent behind the firing line.
SteveT

Post by SteveT »

Froneck wrote:Not sure what happened with small-bore but they don't compete at Perry anymore. Range change is to High-Power now and the tent they used was given so that now there is a tent behind the firing line.
The smallbore move to Bristol IN last year and this year is (supposed to be) temporary to accommodate World Long Range Rifle Championships at Camp Perry. The announcement said they will return to CP in 2016.

Of course there could be changes. When I first started going to CP the Muzzle Loader Championship was the first match, before pistol week. The story was that there was not enough participation to support paying for a week at CP and it was moved to New Mexico.

The tent was put up for pistol week for a few years before the SB Rifle move. I heard the SBR guys collected money to buy the tent. I don't know if they are just being generous letting us pistol guys use it or if the NRA/CMP/OHNG put in some money so others could use it.