Starline to offer .32 ACP brass

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

beeser

Starline to offer .32 ACP brass

Post by beeser »

I received the following notice from Starline. A response to Starline to their two questions would probably help accelerate their production of .32 ACP brass.

We are designing tooling for .32 ACP as we speak, and hope to offer it sometime this year. What bullet diameter are most of the bullseye shooters using? Which brand of brass do they seem to prefer for the .32 ACP?
cgroppi

Re: Starline to offer .32 ACP brass

Post by cgroppi »

beeser wrote:I received the following notice from Starline. A response to Starline to their two questions would probably help accelerate their production of .32 ACP brass.

We are designing tooling for .32 ACP as we speak, and hope to offer it sometime this year. What bullet diameter are most of the bullseye shooters using? Which brand of brass do they seem to prefer for the .32 ACP?
The lead bullets I use are 0.314, from Rim Rock. The standard diameter is 0.313", but I ask for bullets sized to 0.314, which they are happy to do with a couple of weeks notice. The hornady XTP JHPs I use on the long line are 0.312.

The brass we all use is Remington or Magtech, because that's all who make it now. I've used both and find them more or less equivalent.

-Chris
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

.314 would be the best diameter.
jbzeus

Post by jbzeus »

Starline now has .32acp brass listed on their website. Can't order yet but you can be notified. My experience in the past has been that when they post the notify button production is near. Hopefully we will see some brass soon.
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

Wonder what the percentage of .32 ACP shooters are using Pardinis? Seems like this year for Bullseye a lot of CF shooters were shooting Pardinis in .32 ACP.

Chip
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

I suspect most all 32 ACP shooters are using Pardini's.

I personally machined barrels for the ERMA 85, Walther GSP-C, and Haemmerli SP-20. The ERMA and Walther are being used currently by my good friend up North of me.

I scrapped the idea of modified barrels as they were able to chamber and fire a 32 Long cartridge.

PardiniUSA recognized this and the Pardini bolts are specially machined to NOT ACCEPT the rim of the 32 Long cartridge.

I have been testing a Pardini factory barrel for several months and have been able to obtain many sub ten-ring groups at 50 yards with cast bullets. With home swaged bullets, I am able to achieve X-ring accuracy at 50 yards.

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php ... 70#p237483

Note: This is a difficult caliber to load for. One needs to be patient and able to demonstrate a great sense of detail.

Cheers,

Dave
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

Ah Rats, big ones!

Just looked at the Starline website and I apparently missed the run they produced of 32 ACP brass. Beeser, I hope you got some. I've been checking about once a month and it appears I've been out of synch. Rats, no bang, dipnet

https://www.starlinebrass.com/order-onl ... aliber/32/
jbzeus

Post by jbzeus »

Dipnet. I don't think they did a run yet. Put your name on the notify list.
jbzeus

Post by jbzeus »

.32 acp brass on Starline's site available for pre-order.
jbzeus

Post by jbzeus »

Got my new Starline .32acp brass yesterday.
ChipEck

Post by ChipEck »

Got mine this week as well.
Chip
jbzeus

Post by jbzeus »

Not sure what others are finding but wall thicknesses around the mouth on the same case on mine are ranging from .0105 to .0130 with most being in the .011 to .0125 range. Is it usual case thickness varies around the case mouth? How much does this affect accuracy?
fc60

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

The brass I received as a gift measures up to 0.002" variation in wall thickness. i.e. the same piece will measure from 0.010" - 0.012" wall thickness.

I have never tested the brass to see if it makes a difference in accuracy. Perhaps you could report back on your findings.

By the way, I have some R-P brass with 0.0005" run-out. This is what I use to test 0.314" cast bullets in the PardiniUSA 32 ACP barrel.

I have seen similar case wall variation among the other head stamps as well. The variation is due to the drawing process during manufacture. The drawing dies and cup blanks have to be near perfect for a close to zero wall thickness variation.

Cheers,

Dave