Matchgun MG2 RF

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

podunckshooter

Matchgun MG2 RF

Post by podunckshooter »

Who in the US sells these guns, and about how much for one?

Thanks,
conradin

Re: Matchgun MG2 RF

Post by conradin »

Nobody officially.
Neal Stepp used to do it but he is now reluctant to go through the hassle. You can call him and see if he is willing to do it.
Matt Owens is in the process of importing them, so perhaps you can get in touch with him (Owens Ordnance).
The third way is to import it yourself. You can either use your local FFL (since it is a one time transaction it is OK), but expect major time delay, plus you may have to get involved with the FFL to work together, as most do not know how to import, as importing, while allowed, is not something that is done regularly. Average time is 9-12 months.
The Fourth way is to find an importer. Such as Simpsons. (http://www.simpsonltd.com/). It would cost money of course but at least they are the professional. Average time is about 6 months.
The Fifth way is ask the seller (assuming you are buying a used, or NIB) to export it to you. In this way the work will fall on the seller and his export agent instead. Most likely the agent will hook up with Simpson again. The difficulty simply depends on whether the seller knows how to find an agent. Go to Egun and search for those sellers who are willing to sell out of EU.
podunckshooter

Post by podunckshooter »

Thank you. Any idea on what one costs?
conradin

Post by conradin »

podunckshooter wrote:Thank you. Any idea on what one costs?
There simply has no estimated price because of the various way to import it. Agent fees varies.
podunckshooter

Post by podunckshooter »

are they good reliable guns or do they have known issues?
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

Yes to both your questions.
PFribley

Post by PFribley »

LOL. Is that like a woman being "half with child!!!!"
Angelrose1

Post by Angelrose1 »

Saw a bloke shooting a Matchguns MG2 today. Pretty cool looking piece of kit, with an innovative tubular magazine. I don't really know the owner, so didn't ask to have a go, but have trawled the web looking for info on them since arriving home. Does anyone shoot one? What's your experience?

Last edited by Angelrose1 on Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
conradin

Post by conradin »

Angelrose1 wrote:Saw a bloke shooting a Matchguns MG2 today. Pretty cool looking piece of kit, with an innovative tubular magazine. I don't really know the owner, so didn't ask to have a go, but have trawled the web looking for info on them since arriving home. Does anyone shoot one? What's your experience?
My Pardini SP is actually a better pistol; but I love my MG2E RF better. Perhaps it has something to do with me being an advocate of electronic trigger (as you can see from my signature). If you are into the electronic trigger, it has an amazing feel. Only my Xbow has a better feel to it.
sobakavitch

. . . .

Post by sobakavitch »

. . . .
Last edited by sobakavitch on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

The beauty about the Matchguns design is the adjustability of every function except front sight width. With Matchguns its easy to get to matched guns.
Leon

Post by Leon »

jbshooter wrote:The beauty about the Matchguns design is the adjustability of every function except front sight width. With Matchguns its easy to get to matched guns.
You have a very fine set sir...
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

Thanks. They're both nice to shoot but shooting the MG2 is the most pleasurable.
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

podunkshooter,
There is one for sale right now on Gun Broker (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =486997726). The seller is a collector, not a shooter, and is selling his rimfire collection to leave monetary assets for his daughters. He does want top dollar for it. I too am fascinated by these pistols; their design is other worldly, like a hand-held artillery piece for 22lr. Having a Pardini, I just can't justify it. Cheers, dipnet