Walther GSP Expert

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Art R

Walther GSP Expert

Post by Art R »

I would appreciate some advice on the Walther GSP Expert. Quality? Reliability? Ammo sensitivity? Nose Heaviness?, etc.
Would it be possible to drill and tap a Weaver type optics base on top of the frame? -- Thanks, Art
GOVTMODEL

Re: Walther GSP Expert

Post by GOVTMODEL »

The best score I ever shot in my life was with a GSP. Mine was very reliable and very accurate. I did break a firing pin, so don't dry fire without a dry fire plug.

There are scope mounts available.
PFribley

Post by PFribley »

See Earls Repair for GSP parts.
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

My Walther GSP and GSP Expert were the most reliable 22's I have owned. I never had a malfunction using a wide variety of SV ammunition. As I got past 65 it became a bit too heavy and I switched to a Pardini SP which functioned reliably with Wolf and SKJ ammo.
cuslog

Post by cuslog »

I have owned 2 different GSP .22 / .32 conversion sets (not expert models). Always very reliable as well as quite accurate. I do get the odd malfunction but its usually my fault (either dirty or not quite enough crimp on the .32 brass).
TonyT: I took interest in your comment "past 65". I'm 67 and have an old rotator cuff injury -- I'm now finding that I have to get my shots off promptly -- the longer I hold, the more my arm (and sights) wants to droop and mistakes will creep in. I presume the Pardini is lighter ?
boucheed

Post by boucheed »

I have one for sale if you are interested.
Gregbenner

Post by Gregbenner »

I have two Walther GSPs, 22 and 32. Both have been extremely reliable, and accurate. The downside is they are heavy. I use a very light weight dot sight (Burris FF3), but it’s still one of the heaviest target 22s available. If weight is an issue for you, I’d be sure to shoot one before buying.

They have been around for s long time, prices all over the place. Plus, the convertibility to 32 long is nice.

As mentioned, Earl is a great source for questions, parts, and or service.