Can I use WST to load 45 acp?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

TCNTN

Can I use WST to load 45 acp?

Post by TCNTN »

Hello
I realized too late that the current panic was going to affect pistol reloading and I am out of bullseye. I do have plenty of WST but my Speer load manual does not list it for 45. If anyone has a load for bullseye using WST, please let me know. I currently use hard cast lead bullets and load 4.0 grains of BE with a 200 grain LSWC. For the short line I load 3.8 grains of BE with a 185 grain LSWC.
Isabel1130

Re: Can I use WST to load 45 acp?

Post by Isabel1130 »

TCNTN wrote:Hello
I realized too late that the current panic was going to affect pistol reloading and I am out of bullseye. I do have plenty of WST but my Speer load manual does not list it for 45. If anyone has a load for bullseye using WST, please let me know. I currently use hard cast lead bullets and load 4.0 grains of BE with a 200 grain LSWC. For the short line I load 3.8 grains of BE with a 185 grain LSWC.

WST is a very good powder for 45 loads. Try 4.2 or 4.3 of WST for the long line, and the short line, and then with your short line loads, adjust down if needed while still retaining good functioning.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

WST is a very good bullseye powder, it usually loads a tenth or two more than a load for bullseye powder. I use 4.1 bullseye with a 200 cast swc, wst i load 4.2 and get about the samr results.
TCNTN

Post by TCNTN »

Thanks for the two responses. Last night I loaded some 185 gr LSWCs with 3.9 and 4.0 gr of WST. I usually use 3.8 gr of Bullseye. The group size of both was similar. There was a recoil difference between the two so I will go with the lower charge. I've had this WST sitting around for a year so now I'll get to use it.