Matches in Mass?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Friggin

Matches in Mass?

Post by Friggin »

Hello,
I'm a shooter from the late 80's early 90's who's trying to jump back into Bullseye and air pistol.
Any New England shooters out there know of upcoming Matches open to the public, 900's or maybe air pistol?
Thanks, Mike
Rover

Re: Matches in Mass?

Post by Rover »

Friggin

Post by Friggin »

Thanks Rover, found 1800 matches at Sharon fish and game.
Still working on air matches.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I lived on the North Shore of Long Island. I used to take the ferry from Orient Point across to shoot matches in New England (once upon a time). I know they're out there.
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

Whereabouts are you in Mass? Most of the clubs have some sort of in-house .22LR bullseye pistol activity, and there's a good bit of inter-club activity too. One of the better-known eastern Mass leagues is the Maspenock League http://www.maspenockhgl.com/

Mostly the clubs are private, so there's not really much walk-in. You might ask around your nearby public ranges though, and/or just drop in to check a club out and grab a membership form. I'd be happy to show you around Riverside (Hudson) or Harvard Sportsmen's (Littleton).
Friggin

Post by Friggin »

Thanks for the post -TT-
I'm a member of Worcester Pistol and Rifle, used to be the captain of the pistol team back in the early 90's. Also shot for Westboro Pistol and Rifle in the Maspenock league. Unfortunately the league matches don't start until the fall. Gives me time to practice I guess.
I was hoping to shoot some air pistol matches but I not only don't see any monthly matches, I don't even see a state championship match for 2018.
-TT-

Post by -TT- »

We have an air pistol 10m indoor range at Riverside, but there are no matches. We have a pretty active .22 bullseye indoor 50' event every Wednesday, "summer rules" until we start matches in the fall. Harvard Sportsmen's sets up air pistol in the meeting hall from time to time, but mostly for juniors. Again, I'm not aware of any air matches.

The New England Airgun range Rover mentioned is right off Rt 85 in Hudson near Cabela's, pretty straight shot from the Worcester area. They'd know.
gbowers

Post by gbowers »

Hello Mike,

I have attached the 2018 Bullseye calendar, there are several venues locally from Angletree, Beagle Club and further afield Maine and Conn. These are mostly 1800's with the state and regional generally 2700's. There are also 900 indoor 22 matches run at the Sharon Fish and Game during the winter.
As for Air pistol Worborn and Maspenock run matches starting in the late fall that run through spring.

Guy
Attachments
New England Bullseye Calendar 2018 (1).xls
(52.5 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
Friggin

Post by Friggin »

Great info, thanks Guy.