Hammerli Xesse

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Post by Guest »

Hendo is my nurse's name.
38HBWC

TRAILSIDE 6", 180 Gr. weight and UltraDot

Post by 38HBWC »

This is no Pardini, but a great starting pistol. I highly recommend Rink grips for this model, but the gun does sit low in the hand and slide bite is common for my fat hand. This has the 180 Gm. weight and you have to draw it up into the sight picture. Note: feed problems for this gun are from Gen One mags or the inferior factory mag. spring. Larry Carter is your guy on eliminating FTFs. The trigger he sells and installs is claimed to be nice, I'll be sending in both Trailsides to find out. The factory Xesse grips will avoid slide bite, btw.
Attachments
DSC01590.JPG
midegim

Trailside

Post by midegim »

I have two Trailsides a 4" and a 6". both with adj sights. Right now the 4" has the Xesse grips and an Ultradot. Stock trigger. My wife shoots this gun in our indoor league. I would disagree with the trigger opinions some have given here. It is not a clean break trigger as many would like but if you like a roll trigger this is closer to what you get. there is a wonderful predictability when breaking a shot. I can shoot this gun just as well as my Marvel conversion. There is no FTF issues with either of our guns. All of our mags are third generation mags which are supposed to fix any feeding issues, they must because we have none. The 6" is being used by my daughter in law with everything standard and a tasco dot. Not a great set up but the gun functions great and will shoot xs all day long.
Zipp0

Re: Hammerli Xesse

Post by Zipp0 »

I saw a post saying that the pistol 'keyholed' - I has a brick of very bad ammo (so bad it was replaced for free) and the effect was turning the pistol into a smoothbore via severe leading. The pistol keyholed at 10m. Cleaned the barrel - back to normal.

I am struggling with a red dot on a Pardini SP and am going to try the X-esse for fun
tenx9

Re: Hammerli Xesse

Post by tenx9 »

right now I'm shooting a Walther GSP. But, I also have a trailside from Larry's, with a Larry's trigger. I've shot International Rapid Fire with great success with a Walther OSP. I figured a conversion to .22LR for bullseye would be a snap. Couldn't be further from the truth. For the life of me, I can't get used to Walther's 2 stage trigger. Tried the trailside, but believe it or not Larrys trigger is so light I pull through both stages and jerk my shots. Called Larry's to get info on adjusting it. No such luck. Who knows. Nice lady but she doesn't seem to know what I'm looking for.

Had a High Standard Victor. Fine gun, got me to 830's then the thing basically wore out, at the time no parts available

Finest pistol was a Hammerli 215S. Incredible accuracy and trigger. Got me to 860+
Got divorced sold mostly everything and stopped shooting for a while (like 10 years) LOL!!

Find out now Hammerli no longer makes their very fine 208/215 series. Prices are now through the roof for used models.

Hammerli was bullet proof (probably 75,000 rds when I sold it)
Walther never malfunctions
Exesse haven't shot it enough to know.
High Standard wore out. Still know some that are still shooting their Trophys, since the 70's

Back in the day Pardinis were fine pistols but early ones were problematic. It appears problems were cured.

Spend the money and but a like new Hammerli 208s or 215s (the s has more adjustable triggers) or a new Pardini. I'm leaning that way unless I can figure out whats going on with the Xesse. They're pretty much cheaper clones of the 208 series Hammerlis.