Pardini GT9 vs STI Targetmaster - which is most accurate

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Leon

Pardini GT9 vs STI Targetmaster - which is most accurate

Post by Leon »

After seeing the STI range at the Sydney SHOT show, I've been mightily impressed by their overall quality - and have become obsessed with acquiring a STI Targetmaster in 9mm.

Now, I already have a Pardini GT9 - whch I haven't fired yet. If I move from the Pardini to the Targetmaster, would this be a backwards or forwards step?
Gort

Post by Gort »

I have shot the Pardini GT45 6” and STI Targetmaster 9mm 6” extensively. The are very different pistols. Pardini has a lot of grip rake and is a double stack (thick grip), STI has a 1911 single stack grip (thin and more vertical). Pardini has good coarse sights, STI has an Aristocrat rear sight, superb and finer. Pardini has a great rolling trigger, STI standard 1911 type trigger. The STI is a heavier gun. Pardini’s slide is slippery, hard to rack. Accuracy, the STI is most likely more accurate, but both are capable of winning. The feel and handling characteristics are so different, personal preference should dictate.
Gort
Leon

Post by Leon »

Gort wrote:I have shot the Pardini GT45 6” and STI Targetmaster 9mm 6” extensively. The are very different pistols. Pardini has a lot of grip rake and is a double stack (thick grip), STI has a 1911 single stack grip (thin and more vertical). Pardini has good coarse sights, STI has an Aristocrat rear sight, superb and finer. Pardini has a great rolling trigger, STI standard 1911 type trigger. The STI is a heavier gun. Pardini’s slide is slippery, hard to rack. Accuracy, the STI is most likely more accurate, but both are capable of winning. The feel and handling characteristics are so different, personal preference should dictate.
Gort
Thanks for that - I've taken the plunge and ordered a Targetmaster !