Barrel crown

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

shipper50

Barrel crown

Post by shipper50 »

I sold a Pardini SPE I bought in 92 and had a custom barrel made for it to shoot the Masters in Barry Il. The buyer sent me the below message after getting the gun and having a retired gun smith look at it. The gun shot one hole at 25 and under 1.5 inches at 50 all day when I had it.

The gun sat in my safe since 95 as I got out of shooting then. Any ideas of how this might have happend if it did? The last time I shot the gun it shot one hole off a rest.

Thanks
Shipper

I received the gun last night. Were you aware that the crown on the scoped barrel was damaged? There is a major round scratch groove on the muzzle and crown. I talked to a retired gunsmith that works at cabelas about it, he thinks it will throw flyers due to the damage. I agree, as I just had a crown re-done on a new gun for the same reason. Please advise.
Steve Swartz

Post by Steve Swartz »

Any number of possibilities . . . including any of the parties not telling the whole story.
PASA008

Barrel Crown

Post by PASA008 »

If there is a "scratch" on the muzzle, it should be able to be re-crowned very easily. If you had your gun stored for many years in a safe, it could have been bumped against something and scratched the crowning.

FYI, the Masters at Barry is still going, and as much fun and challenge as ever. Masters 23 just ended last week, and Doug Koening won it again. Would love to see you back to join the fun, there is now a Revolver class in addition to the open and stock classes. Doug shot a 38 (out of 45) on the precision event. For those who don't know that a combination of 25 and 50 meter shooting at Biathlon targets which are 4.5" and 1.5" at both the 25 and 50 meters, under varying time frames. Also a duel stage.

Your Precision and Action event Staging coordinator.