grips for 22/45 volquartsen

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

spacestout

grips for 22/45 volquartsen

Post by spacestout »

I have an incredibly accurate pistol, a Volquartsen Terminator. Problem is, I need all the help I can get to hold steady. The gun was built on a Ruger 22/45 frame which is polymer and can't have target grips added to it. I've read of some guys filing down the slabs, gluing in some nuts, and screwing 1911-type grips on.

You can see a picture of the gun at this link. I'm having a little fun with it and the EOTech tactical holograpic scope. Makes it a bit heavy. Normally, I'd have a matchdot on. http://mrsascouponorganizer.com/pistol.html

Any thoughts on how to approach a target grip? If nothing else, there has to be some goop to add around the grip (over plastic wrap), and through a process of building up and filing, come up with two removable sides which will screw together. I'm an engineer, but the first thing I've learned is to not reinvent.
jackh

Post by jackh »

Invention. Craft a set of wood slabs and fit to the sides of the frame like the usual 45 grip adaptations. Then on that wooden platform, adapt any grip yo want. Nothing is impossible. Make an old set of High Standard Vitarbos fit over the wood slabs
yam476

grips for 22/45

Post by yam476 »

I don't know how to post picture here. But if you send me your email address I will send you the picture(s) of mine.
jrmcdaniel

Post by jrmcdaniel »

I am very please with my National Adjustable Target Stock for my S&W Model 41. They also make grips for the Ruger and other pistols. The price is very reasonable -- $78.

Best,

Joe
spacestout

national target stock

Post by spacestout »

I did email them and we'll see what they say. Your gun looks great. I notice the upper and lower screws. That is what mine is missing and also has the magazine there. Saran wrap, then foam or clay till the mold fits well, then I'll weave and layup carbon fiber over it.

Or, I won't touch it as it's fairly rare, and I'll sell it and pick up one of those Pardinis which abound.

Thanks for the serious responses. I wish I would have found this forum before I started making investments.
yam476

22/45 grips

Post by yam476 »

Pictures sent to your email address. This is the gun I worked on while taking a Machining and Gunsmithing Technology class many many years ago. I milled out the polymer grip, glued in the metal plates with the stock screw bushings welded in. Then put a pair of custom Colt 1911 grips on it. It doesn't look that pretty, but it works, plus I got an A out of that class.

If there is anything else you need to know, please let me know.