S & W 41 Parts List with Picture of Break-Down

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

vietnam1947

S & W 41 Parts List with Picture of Break-Down

Post by vietnam1947 »

I have found a sping on the stove after cleaning my mdl 41 it looks like a retractor spring for a ball point in but 3/4 the length. Does any one PlEASE know of a site that I can see the parts and list of parts Clearly. Thanks, Fred
Dogchaser

Post by Dogchaser »

Check the Brownell's website, they have an exploded diagram in the parts section.
vietnam1947

Post by vietnam1947 »

hanks I found the site, I did not see the spring on there, It may have been from the coffee fop when the on/off switch busted out .
I even called S & W they did not think it was a part of the mdl41,
Dogchaser thanks for the site, Fred
jrmcdaniel

Post by jrmcdaniel »

Sounds like it might be the firing pin spring -- did you have that out?

If all you did was remove the barrel and rear slide, then the only exposed spring is the one in front which is much longer and heavier than what you describe.

Best,

Joe
vietnam1947

Post by vietnam1947 »

I have only did a field break down for cleaning, I don't think it is the firing pin spring because the pistol will snap when the triger is pulled. I'm still hopeing it is the spring from the coffee pot that snapped out, because the coffee pot switch is not working any more, I can only hope.
BUT I am going to field strip again and look at the triget spring Area.
Thanks for your help, Fred
jrmcdaniel

Post by jrmcdaniel »

If all you did was field strip, then the spring must be from some other device.

That the gun will dry fire (not recommended, by the way, without an empty in the chamber) has nothing to do with the firing pin. The hammer release can occur with no firing pin present. There is a spring inside the slide that keeps the firing pin retracted but you have to do a lot more than field strip to get to it.
vietnam1947

Post by vietnam1947 »

It is not the Fireing Pin Spring, just checked it out, i can push the pin and the Fireing pin will come out and when released goes back in. I agree it must be a part from the mud machine. Gee Folks I do Thank you all for your help and concern, Fred

PS, Dry Fireing is Bad for the Firearm, I use cap.