Les Baer sights

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

bentrod

Les Baer sights

Post by bentrod »

Hi, all

I am just getting into bulls eye shooting, I shot rifle for the 82nd Abn, Div. in the '60's so I know a little of the basics. I belong to a good BE club here, as well as indoor and outdoor ranges.

I should have my Les Baer Premier II 1.5 wad gun in a few days. It has iron sights, what can you tell me about these sights?

Is the gun drilled and tapped for mounts?

Can an UltraDot 1" 4 be mounted with the iron sights still on the gun? I ask this because I would like to practice at times with iron sight for CMP shooting because I don't have a HB gun yet.

And, what is better mount for the UltraDot, frame or slide?

I am shooting a Ruger MKII 22 with an UltraDot now, and I ordered the VQ sear and trigger, but I am really surprised on how well it shoots as is.

I reload rifle, and will do 45 when my dies get in, any tips here?

Thanks,

Jim

Post by Guest »

The rear sights are Bo-Mar style, but probably made by Champion. The front is ramp style and serrated. The slide is not pre-drilled for scope mounts. Truly, before you mess with it shoot the irons and see how you like them. And before decide on a slide mount (only way to go), check out the new Rock River Bullseye Mount - it has iron sights built into the scope rail. Pretty neat!

Keep in mind Les Baer doesn't have any specific warranty, but in fact warrants everything practically forever, with one exception. If you have another gunsmith alter the gun, he will not work on it again. So, have Les Baer drill & tap the slide if you go that route.

Unless it's to late, you might consider buying the Les Baer HB gun instead. The CMP now allows holes (filled or unfilled) in slides. Thus, you could, with a change in springs, use your HB gun for both Bullseye (w/scope) and EIC matches (w/sights). I've always thought a unique idea would be to just "notch" the front of the rail and leave the front sight in place, swapping out the rear sight and rail as needed.

Of course, you've got to also consider a Marvel Conversion (or the new AA/ Marvel) as your .22!

Millions of opinions on 45ACP reloading. Remember that 99.9% of all Dillon (press and die) owners are absolutely thrilled with their units.