Long Lake Black Bear Annual Championship

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Ed Hall

Long Lake Black Bear Annual Championship

Post by Ed Hall »

The NRA has approved our 2008 Annual Championship, set for 15-17 August in the heart of the Adirondack Mountains in Northeastern New York. One complete 2700 relay will be fired each day and the three relays combined for the Championship. More information about the annual event can be found at Long Lake Black Bear Annual Championship or the match program can be downloaded directly from here.

Special note: New York non-residents should be sure to carry a paper copy of the program with them to meet NY laws regarding bringing handguns into the state. For further info on NY gun laws, see Some Information about New York State Firearms Laws.

Take Care,
Ed Hall
U.S. Air Force Competitive Shooting Teams
Bullseye (and International) Competition Things
EdM

Post by EdM »

Ed:

I've been unable to open the match bulletin pdf. Tried both methods

I'm barely computer literate so the problem may well be me but thought I'd let you know in case others may have the same result.

Ned
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

I clicked on this link:

http://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/LLB ... onship.pdf

and it worked for me, but some times it takes a looooooooong time for the .pdf to download.

Ben
Ed Hall

Long Lake Black Bear Annual Championship Program

Post by Ed Hall »

Here's the match program minus the contact information. If you need the contact info it's in the pdf document. I didn't feel compfortable putting someone else's info on an open board. You can also PM me here. Please note the additional comment at the bottom regarding camping/RVs.

Code: Select all

LONG LAKE BLACK BEAR ANNUAL CHAMPIONSHIP
                     NRA APPROVED PISTOL TOURNAMENT, SPONSORED BY THE
                     LONG LAKE FISH AND GAME CLUB, LONG LAKE, NEW YORK
                                  15-17 AUGUST 2008
       --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Location: Long Lake Fish & Game Club, 8196 Newcomb Road (route 28N), Long Lake, NY
            (club entrance is across from McIntyre Blvd, just west of transfer station)

Pre-registration is required to ensure a position. See Contact Information below.*** Walk-ins will be accepted on a space available basis. The Sunday relay will only be fired if there are pre-registered competitors signed up by Saturday, 16 August. We would prefer to fill the Saturday relay first.

On-site Check-in begins: 8:00 A.M. each day.             Firing begins: 9:00 A.M. each day.

Program: NRA 2700 Conventional Pistol Match (.22 / Center Fire / .45). Three complete relays – one
each day. Current NRA Conventional Rules will apply. Note new ECI rule.

Eligibility: Open to all competitors. NRA membership is not required, but is encouraged.

Entry Fee: Package entry fee is $25 for entire 2700 match, or $10 per 900 match.

Entries: Limited to range capacity of 10 competitors per day, total of 30 competitors. Priority will be given to three-gun shooters. .22 only competitors may be squadded during Center Fire or .45 match.

Scoring: All strings of fire will be scored after ten shots. Competitors will score and repair targets.

Overlays may be used by competitors. Plugs will only be used by tournament officials.

Challenges: Challenge fee will be $1 per challenge, per NRA rules, returned if challenge upheld. All challenges will be decided by the Match Supervisor.

Awards: Awards will be given to Open Winner and High in Class (if three or more in class). Classes
with less than three representatives will be combined upward to provide for three or more in a class.

Matches:
  1 - .22 Slow Fire Match     6 - CF Slow Fire Match        11 - .45 Slow Fire Match
  2 - .22 National Match      7 - CF National Match         12 - .45 National Match
  3 - .22 Timed Fire Match    8 - CF Timed Fire Match       13 - .45 Timed Fire Match
  4 - .22 Rapid Fire Match    9 - CF Rapid Fire Match       14 - .45 Rapid Fire Match
  5 - .22 Aggregate (1-4)    10 - CF Aggregate (6-9)        15 - .45 Aggregate (11-14)
                 16 - Grand Aggregate (Match 5 + Match 10 + Match 15)

***Contact Information withheld - use the email link for Ed Hall to get more info.

General Info: Range is uncovered, with 50 yard stationary and 25 yard turning targets. RV electrical hookups and restrooms are located on-site. Camping is allowed. There will be a 45 minute lunch break between Matches 9 and 11. A lunch order (from a local facility) may be placed during check-in.
Camping/RV note: It was recently decided by the club officers that there would be a fee, equal to the membership dues, for camping and RVs for non-members. The dues are curently $25.00 per year ($10.00 for Seniors). In effect, if you wish to use our camping/RV facilities, we'll accept your membership. This info did not make it into the program that received NRA's approval, so we did not change the program to add this information.

Take Care,
Ed Hall
US Air Force Shooting Teams
EdM

Post by EdM »

This morning it worked without problem...dunno what was wrong yesterday.

Ned
Ed Hall

Post by Ed Hall »

EdM wrote:This morning it worked without problem...dunno what was wrong yesterday.

Ned
Glad to hear it worked for you today.

I thought I'd provide a little more background, for any who may care. (This info is a little more detailed in the history section of our web page referenced above)...

We installed 10 turning targets in 2005 and started the match in 2006 with 10 points, one day and 5 shooters. In 2007 we expanded to two days and drew 18 competitors, with some turned away. This year we've expanded again, adding a third day. Our hopes are to draw a large enough crowd to warrant the construction of another bank of 10 targets. We'll see how things turn out in this expensive travel year...

Take Care,
Ed Hall
US Air Force Shooting Teams
Ed Hall

Post by Ed Hall »

This is a blatant attempt to interest more competitors in our match, by bringing this thread to the top of the list as the date grows closer. (At least I didn't post an entire new thread.) I think we currently have about a dozen signed up.

On a close note, there are plans underway to cover the currently uncovered benches referenced in the program. We hope to have that accomplished before the match.

Hope to see you there...

Take Care,
Ed Hall
Air Force Shooting Homepage