Marvel Trigger Weight

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

jjgun

Marvel Trigger Weight

Post by jjgun »

I've seen a lot of posts regarding the Marvel. I am considering getting a kit. My question is what are people doing to get the 1911 trigger down to 2 lb? I had mine worked on to get it down to 3.5 lb, but I'd like to keep that set-up if I want to go back to the .45. Also, anyone have any comments regarding the Advantage Arms conversion vs the Marvel?
Ed Hall

Post by Ed Hall »

There is a page in Brownells' "bench Talk" series of articles that describes how to reduce the pull of a 1911 to 2.5 pounds. The article, (appropriately) 2½ lb. Trigger Pull is by Jack Weigand. It can be read here:

2½ lb. Trigger Pull

I know it's not quite down to two pounds, and an expensive jig is used, but you might find it of interest.

As to the new version of Bob Marvel's work, now carried by Advantage Arms, I would personally opt for the Match 1911 Conversion, fine tuned by Bob Marvel. There is a FAQ on the internet in .doc form, but if anyone is interested in more information, I would suggest contacting him directly through his site, Bob Marvel Guns.

Take Care,
Ed Hall
U.S. Air Force Competitive Shooting Teams
Bullseye (and International) CompetitionThings

Post by Guest »

It's good to see that Bob Marvel is back in the saddle.

The Cylinder & Slide kits will get you down to about 3lb out of the box - https://shop.cylinder-slide.com/ccp51/c ... =HOME:6:43

I've got one of these in my Sistema and it really was drop-in, but the Sistema is also very true to spec.

You could get to 2lb using this kit w/ a bit of tweaking. But DO NOT do this without reading-up on how to do so safely. A very light trigger pull, such as 2 - 3lbs, requires a low-mass trigger and specific knowledge of how to tune the sear and disconnector springs. If you screw-up the pistol can go full auto.

Post by Guest »

It's good to see that Bob Marvel is back in the saddle.

Let's not get too excited here. We have not seen anything turned out as of yet. As a matter of fact I have 2 close and personal friends who are both still waiting on 1911s. One guy was supposed to have had his almost a year ago.
tenex

Post by tenex »

I put the 3.5 lb marine corp C&S kit in a Springfield GI 45 lower for the Marvel, and with a tweaked sear spring got to around 3 lb or so. I don't think I have the capability to get to 2 lb by myself, but I am going to fool with it some more just the same.

It doesn't shoot well enough for me to replace my dedicated .22, but it's a lot of fun to shoot none the less. The C&S kit is top notch, very high quality parts.

Steve.