22 Pistols used at Camp Perry

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

jjgun

22 Pistols used at Camp Perry

Post by jjgun »

Does anyone know if the results from Camp Perry ever included the make of gun used (interested in 22 here)? If not, does anybody know what the top competitors are shooting?
GOVTMODEL

Post by GOVTMODEL »

The USMC Team, including Gunnery Sergeant Zins, used FWB's last summer. Before that they shot Hammerli 208s.
clark2245

Re: 22 Pistols used at Camp Perry

Post by clark2245 »

jjgun wrote:Does anyone know if the results from Camp Perry ever included the make of gun used (interested in 22 here)? If not, does anybody know what the top competitors are shooting?
They don't keep track of that information but the best place to look is probably the Mayleigh Cup Team match held at Perry each year. I went by there a couple of years when a friend was shooting on the team and in the process got a look at the equipment in use by the best. It has been about 3 years since I stopped by there but at the time it was mostly 208s on the line with an assortment of other top name guns mixed in. My friend used a Marvel conversion with the trigger set at 3.5# and made the team at least twice that way. It is more the shooter than the gun being used.

I encourage everyone to stop by and watch the Mayleigh Cup match during first relay on CF day if possible. Interesting to watch the very best at work, and you can get plenty close enough behind them to see what they are doing.

Clark
Rob

Post by Rob »

I do remember looking around back in the early to mid 90's and seeing a lot of High-Standards, followed by Model 41's. It seems like the 208s "Fad" came in the later part of the 90's.
TenX

Post by TenX »

i have no idea what there using down in Camp Perry.. but alot of the good shooters here in MA are using pardini's and walthers.
jjgun

Post by jjgun »

All,

Thanks for the replies. It's interesting to hear what people are shooting. Always wanted to know what the top shooters were using. Although we know they can probably shoot anything and score near as well. I hope we get more replies. In the club I belong, the most popular .22 is the Ruger. Throw in a few 41's, a couple of High Standards, a Marvel, and a couple of SP-20's.
jjgun

Post by jjgun »

All,

Thanks for the replies. It's interesting to hear what people are shooting. Always wanted to know what the top shooters were using. Although we know they can probably shoot anything and score near as well. I hope we get more replies. In the club I belong, the most popular .22 is the Ruger. Throw in a few 41's, a couple of High Standards, a Marvel, and a couple of SP-20's.