Looking for a High Standard "The Victor"

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

darticus

Looking for a High Standard "The Victor"

Post by darticus »

Anyone able to point me in the right direction? I would like to get an early model "The Victor" for target shooting. Thanks Ron
ron222@embarqmail.com
clark2245

Re: Looking for a High Standard "The Victor"

Post by clark2245 »

darticus wrote:Anyone able to point me in the right direction? I would like to get an early model "The Victor" for target shooting. Thanks Ron
ron222@embarqmail.com
If you don't find one here you might ask on the Bullseye-L, which if you are not familiar is an internet list of around 1000 Bullseye shooters, including many of the best around. Not sure anyone is going to want to part with one but there are more Bullseye shooters there than here. The home page where you can sign up for the list (required to post to it) is at : http://lava.net/~perrone/bullseye/ . Good luck.

Clark
Alan Stewart

Victor

Post by Alan Stewart »

I have a East Hartford Victor that I was thinking of selling, Serial No. ML 32XXX. If you are interested, please PM me at astewart1@new.rr.com.

I am in Wisconsin for shipping purposes.

ars
mister G

Post by mister G »

Most assuredly, try to get an East Hartford gun. And get as many original magazines as possible. Personally, I wouldn't touch a non-Connecticut Victor.

I "loaned" mine (with barrel weight) to my son a few years ago and now I'm begging him to give it back. Reliable, accurate and a sweet, crisp trigger.
darticus

Victor Wanted

Post by darticus »

I have a nice HS Supermatic Citation but was always told the Victors are the best target guns, maybe not. Would like to get an early Victor. I can't seem to get into that bullseye group maybe its me. So I can't ask questions.
jackh

Post by jackh »

Darticus
The 106 and 107 Trophy and Citation models are the same as a Victor below the shaved slide, and the barrel and sight rib. Remove the bridge sight, shave the slide top, and fit a Victor barrel and rib, and you have a "Victor".

In fact, before Victors came out, gunsmiths were removing the bridge sight, and fitting custom (Giles) or BoMar ribs to their Trophy or Citation.

Today the Victor lends to placing a dot sight on the barrel. The open sight rib and barrel can be switched to a second dot mounted barrel any time you choose. Aluminum barrels keep the weight with a dot down.
solomon grundy

Post by solomon grundy »

There's a Victor listed here..
http://njpistol.com/services/guns_for_sale.asp

The listing has been up for a while, but should have been removed if the pistol has been sold already.
Scott H.

Post by Scott H. »

The earliest models had "The Victor" on them. I have one, with steel rib.

Later, that was changed to "Victor."

It's funny. I found mine used, but without the barrel weight. With the steel rib, I can see why the previous owner "lost" the weight.