High Standard after market magazines

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Kirmdog

High Standard after market magazines

Post by Kirmdog »

Does anybody know of a source for quality after market magazines for a High Standard Sharpshooter? I had bought some from Numrich Arms (I don't know who the manufacturer is) that work OK for slow fire but in timed and rapid fire they (all 4 of them ) tend to drop out of the gun and cause an alibi. This is getting embaressing and I'm tired of doing the "one magazine shuffle". They drop in slow fire also but I have time to push they back into the pistol. Anybody have any ideas for good magazines ?

Kirmdog
SteveT

Post by SteveT »

I tried 2 Triple K brand magazines a few years ago and they were complete garbage. They didn't work out of the package. The springs were very light. The metal was too soft and would not hold an adjustment.

I eventually picked up a few original Connecticut mags and all was right with the world.

Regards,
Steve Turner
Kirmdog

Post by Kirmdog »

SteveT

I don't know who made these that I got from Numrich but at 38 dollars apiece like you said, they are garbage. My original magazine is over 30 years old with thousands of rounds through it and it works perfect. I was wondering how the new High Standard's mag's from Texas are. I haven't seen any but I'm reluctant to spend $54 + per magazine and get burned again.

Kirmdog
slinger

Post by slinger »

I have had great results with some after market mags from Bob's in Royal, Arkansas, sorry I don't have a link offhand, but I am sure he could be Googled up. He gave me the option when I bought to return for full refund if they did not work. I bought 3 mags and 2 required a slight tweak of the feed lips, otherwise they have functioned well for the past 3 years. I have never heard one good word about anything from HS in Texas, that includes the magazines.
Kirmdog

Post by Kirmdog »

Thanks Slinger;

I'll try googling Bob's and see what I find.
mister G

Post by mister G »

I think it's www.gun-parts.com.
Kirmdog

Post by Kirmdog »

Found it, thanks guys! I e-mailed Bob's and they said they gaurantee fit and function.

Kirmdog
xeye

Re: High Standard after market magazines

Post by xeye »

Kirmdog wrote:Does anybody know of a source for quality after market magazines for a High Standard Sharpshooter? I had bought some from Numrich Arms (I don't know who the manufacturer is) that work OK for slow fire but in timed and rapid fire they (all 4 of them ) tend to drop out of the gun and cause an alibi. This is getting embaressing and I'm tired of doing the "one magazine shuffle". They drop in slow fire also but I have time to push they back into the pistol. Anybody have any ideas for good magazines ?

Kirmdog
Heard the *NEW* TX mags were ok.
for a long time, there was an error in the blueprints (?) and the mags were dimensionally wrong. they were about .100 short. I found some original HS mags and they are great, after minor tuning. The original Hamden gun, barrel, mag functioned flawlessly.

If you have a problem stop using cci std. because they are .012 longer than most other rounds.

Never had a problem dropping mags. the mechanism is pretty simple and sturdy at least on the military grip model. the spring isn't missing is it?