Gallery match

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

mikejkd

Gallery match

Post by mikejkd »

How many people on here shoot the gallery match course? I enjoy this tremendously and am wondering if all the calls are the same for a bullseye outdoor course and if you can just shoot 22 and centerfire and not 45. I do not have an accurized 45 yet and am thinking of using my gsp 22-32 for the other two guns. Do they run just the 22 in some leagues?
Ed Hall

Post by Ed Hall »

Technically, the "Gallery Course" is a thirty round course (ten each, Slow, Tmed and Rapid) at either 50 feet or 20 yards, by rule book definition. Matches (Indoor and Outdoor) can be just about any combination of the courses listed in the rule book. The more common matches will be either 600 or 900 point (individual gun) matches which may be combined into 1200, 1800 or 2700 matches in unique ways. Typically an 1800 would be the combinatin of a .22, 900 and a CF, 900. But, it could also be a .22, 600 plus a CF, 600 plus a .45, 600. A 2700 will almost always be three guns (.22, CF, .45).

All of the above, as well as leagues can be either Indoor or Outdoor and the leagues will vary from a single thirty round course through relays of ninety round matches, with any gun combinations. It really all depends on the organizers. We run three relays of the Gallery Course for .22 only in our Indoor league, whereas the Twelfth Precinct Pistol and Archery Club in Maryland runs two 900 aggregate relays for their league. For the 12th's league newer shooters can compete with .22 only, while more experienced competitors are expected to fire .22 and Center Fire.

Most all of the calls are the same or pretty close. Some of the introductory calls might differ, like the Gallery Course might be called the National Match Course, or your Slow Fire might be started slightly differently at different venues. The five calls leading up the firing are the same at all the competitions.

I hope I answered what you were looking for.

Take Care,
Ed Hall
US Air Force Shooting Teams
Bullseye (and International) Competition Things
Dogchaser

Post by Dogchaser »

At my range we only shoot rimfire, Olympic or Conventional Bullseye and Air pistol ISSF rules and IHMSA.

The target traps aren't rated for centerfire.