Colt Series 80 Bright SS Gol Cup

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Colt Series 80 Bright SS Gol Cup

Post by Guest »

Ok guys, I'm new to bullseye shooting and hoping to get some possible answers. I had bought a new Colt GC back in the late 80's/early 90's that I have kept as a safe queen. Now that I have joined a bullseye club I have brought it out of hiding. To say I'm disapointed with this GC would be an under statement. To date the best I can do is 4" goups out of a Ransom Rest at 50' with any handload or factory round I have tried. Seems that this gun was put together back when Colt was having some finacial issues and were using up all the spare parts. So do I try to fix this gun or do I save my money and get something more competetive (Wilson, Baer, other)? If I fix it what should I do first? I had heard that the collet bushing on the series 80 has caused trouble, would it help to try changing this first? I'm not looking for 2" groups @ 50 yards, just to be more competetive. For the time being I would be happy if I could keep all my shots in the black on the slow fire portion, something I can do with my Kimber Custom Tactical. Seems strange that a fixed sight combat gun can out shooot a target gun. I would use my Kimber for the whole course but being an aluminium frame it gets tough on the rapid fire portion.
So whats the consensus guys, sell or fix?

Don