clicks on sights, 50 ft to 33 ft?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Chris

clicks on sights, 50 ft to 33 ft?

Post by Chris »

I am trying to figure out how many clicks it would take to go from 50ft down to 33ft. I ahve the anschutz canting sights.
if anyone has any input please let me know.
Thanks
Ed Knutson

Re: clicks on sights, 50 ft to 33 ft?

Post by Ed Knutson »

Chris:
I will be happy to answer your question if you can provide me with the following information:
How many clicks are there in one complete revolution of your sight adjustment knobs, 10 or 20?
What is the distance between your front sight element and your rear aperture, in inches or cm?
Ed Knutson

the2lts-at-earthlink.net.49948.49907
Bob

Post by Bob »

: I am trying to figure out how many clicks it would take to go from 50ft down to 33ft. I ahve the anschutz canting sights.
: if anyone has any input please let me know.
: Thanks
Chris,
Ed has some good questions, but .22 or AR is another. If you are switching rifles, the sights could be way off.
I think the real answer is that you should sight in each time you shoot anyway. Track the changes in your notebook and you will get an idea quickly of what the average change is.

Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi,
I have a 20 click and the distance between the aps on my air rifle are about 29 in, and on my smallbore 34 in.
I'm only asking because the original sights on my air rifle broke and i'm taking the one off my smallbore. I just want to double check on the right amount of clicks , because i will be attending the grand prix this weekend.
thanks ed
Bob

Post by Bob »

: Hi,
: I have a 20 click and the distance between the aps on my air rifle are about 29 in, and on my smallbore 34 in.
: I'm only asking because the original sights on my air rifle broke and i'm taking the one off my smallbore. I just want to double check on the right amount of clicks , because i will be attending the grand prix this weekend.
: thanks ed
That makes sense.
You should be at about 10 clicks per scoring ring. It is easy to check, especially by shooting off a bench. You are likely to be way off center anyway. Note the number of clicks to get centered and divide by the number of scoring rings. Remember that from 10.0 to 10.9 is essentially a full scoring ring, i.e. 10 MORE clicks.