TONY

Shooting Jacket dealer

Post by TONY »

Hi im a new shooter where can i buy shooting jacket? & how to measure
a jacket. thanks
Gunnar

I just found out

Post by Gunnar »

I am a new shooter as well and I researched for a week on which shooting jackets to get. Like everyone I was looking for low price and quality, and found this site to be the best.
http://www.riflesports.com/monardusa/
Personally I am planning on getting Standard Custom. I already like the Blue and Gold color and getting it sized to fit me for $25 is so worth it. And the price is unbeatable for what the jacket offers at custom sizing. As opposed to getting a off-the-rack jacket, that is a gamble to purchase online, check out Monard clothes.
By the way, I don't deal Monard material, I just found it to be so helpful that I had to share it with you.
Please e-mail me to let me know what type of shooting you are into and I will gladly share the information I have gathered in the past two months to start AirRifle shooting.

SolidGun-at-hotmail.com.49960.49953
Mike Schroeder

Re: I just found out

Post by Mike Schroeder »

Hi
I have been looking at jackets on and off for a while now, and don't have an opinion on which is best yet. I've seen jackets sold by Champion's Choice, Creedmor, and the place mentioned above. The guy that taught my coach's class always buy's Anschutz jackets. Has anyone bought the other jackets?
NO comment on the quality of the jackets themselves or on how much they help you shoot, but WHY are they all multi colored? Is it mandatory to look like a refugee from the bad taste rest home to shoot? O.K. I'm a hunter and hiker, and the olive drab with leather pads looks like a shooter's supposed to look. Can you get regular colors anywhere besides Creedmor?
Sorry if I offended anyone...
Mike
Wichita KS
mschroeder5-at-cox.net.49974.49960
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Mike: The better jackets are put together from many small pieces. The back for instance is cut into quite a few pieces. This is to fit the jacket to the body better. It seems like the designers can't resist the temptation to use a different color for each panel. If you order a custom they will use any color you like for each panel. I don't think they have any mossey oak or realtree patterns though.

pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.49994.49974
Mike Schroeder

Post by Mike Schroeder »

: Mike: ...It seems like the designers can't resist the temptation to use a different color for each panel. If you order a custom they will use any color you like for each panel. I don't think they have any mossey oak or realtree patterns though.
Ha ha, actually I want a color that is light enough to not burn me out shooting prone in August here in Kansas (105 degrees sometimes), doesn't show dirt (not white) and is a more natural color. For example, our BSA Venturing Crew wore ash grey T-shirts at Philmont and they didn't stand out against the mountain from 1 mile away like the boys in red T-shirts did. If I can find someone who thinks that the Creedmor jackets are O.K., I'll probably order one in the beige codura. It may be a while though, so don't expect a quick report.
Mike
Wichita KS

mschroeder5-at-cox.net.50025.49994