Anybody comment on the Varga shooting glasses

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Bill

Anybody comment on the Varga shooting glasses

Post by Bill »

I don't need glasses, but I seem to get a glare? when shooting 10 meter rifle. Could this be something else? I do know that I'm left eye dom. and shoot right handed and rearly don't want to change.
Thanks for any help!
Ian

Re: Anybody comment on the Varga shooting glasses

Post by Ian »

: I don't need glasses, but I seem to get a glare? when shooting 10 meter rifle. Could this be something else? I do know that I'm left eye dom. and shoot right handed and rearly don't want to change.
: Thanks for any help!

Mark.

Re: Anybody comment on the Varga shooting glasses

Post by Mark. »

Since none of the rifle shooters have chimed in, I'll scratch out a few comments.
I have both Varga and Knobloch pistol glasses -I have no rifle glasses, so can only comment from the pistol perspective.
The Varga's are fine glasses, every bit as good as the Knobloch's. Knobloch offers a wider array of accessories for their glasses, but with only a small amount of ingenuity many of these accessories may be adapted for use on the Vargas. For example, the colour filter wheel available from Knobloch only fits the Knobloch lens holder, which of course won't fit the Varga frames. So, I bought the colour wheel and a Knobloch lense holder. I then used my trusty Dremel and machined the shaft of the Knobloch lense holder down to a diameter which will fit in the Varga frame. Voila, problem solved.
I personally prefer the Varga glasses as they have less bits and pieces to come loose. And my Knoblochs are always coming loose. Other than this little niggly, both are fine glasses and you won't go wrong with either.
I don't own Champion glasses because I couldn't see a 100% increase in either features or performance to match their 100% higher price.
Again just my opinion, which is worth far less than what I charge for it! *grin*

Mark.