Adjustment of buttplate up or down

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

tammy bowers

Adjustment of buttplate up or down

Post by tammy bowers »

I need to adjust my point of aim higher than what it is so do i go up or down.Since I am short can anyone help thanks.
tammy70-at-hotmail.com.49764.0
Michael Ray

Re: Adjustment of buttplate up or down

Post by Michael Ray »

: I need to adjust my point of aim higher than what it is so do i go up or down.Since I am short can anyone help thanks.
The best answer is to experiement to see what works best for you. You learn more that way.
To raise POA, you need to move the butt up so the comb of the stock would lower relative to the butt. However, it will change your head position (rear sight will be lower) also. You can perhaps compensate with sight risers.
I assume you cannot move your supporting hand further back (you're already at the trigger guard) and that you're resting the rifle on top of a closed fist so the support point is at its highest. If that's the case and you cannot make the 1.4m height, then you'll need to move the butt or make changes to your position, which may or may not be a good thing.
Good luck.
Bob Riegl

Post by Bob Riegl »

I fully agree with all that has been said in these regards---the first thing I would try before anything else is to increase the distance between your feet a matter of 1-3" first. See what this does to your POA---I would not go more than 4" maximum---this should bring you "UP"---then I would try lowering the buttplate and/or raising the hook.
David

Post by David »

Try moving your feet farther apart, or pushing your hips out further.
chris

Post by chris »

A good rule of thumb to remember that my coach once told me, " Barrel up buttplate up, barrel down butplate down." This works really good for minor adjustments during a match with fixed targets either being to high or low. If your able to lower or raise your target try that first.