TargetTalk

A forum to talk about Olympic style shooting, rifle or pistol, 10 meters to 50 meters, and whatever is in between. Hosted by Pilkguns.com
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 11:45 am 
I need to adjust my point of aim higher than what it is so do i go up or down.Since I am short can anyone help thanks.
tammy70-at-hotmail.com.49764.0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:37 pm 
: I need to adjust my point of aim higher than what it is so do i go up or down.Since I am short can anyone help thanks.
The best answer is to experiement to see what works best for you. You learn more that way.
To raise POA, you need to move the butt up so the comb of the stock would lower relative to the butt. However, it will change your head position (rear sight will be lower) also. You can perhaps compensate with sight risers.
I assume you cannot move your supporting hand further back (you're already at the trigger guard) and that you're resting the rifle on top of a closed fist so the support point is at its highest. If that's the case and you cannot make the 1.4m height, then you'll need to move the butt or make changes to your position, which may or may not be a good thing.
Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:48 am 
I fully agree with all that has been said in these regards---the first thing I would try before anything else is to increase the distance between your feet a matter of 1-3" first. See what this does to your POA---I would not go more than 4" maximum---this should bring you "UP"---then I would try lowering the buttplate and/or raising the hook.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 3:56 pm 
Try moving your feet farther apart, or pushing your hips out further.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:58 am 
A good rule of thumb to remember that my coach once told me, " Barrel up buttplate up, barrel down butplate down." This works really good for minor adjustments during a match with fixed targets either being to high or low. If your able to lower or raise your target try that first.