10 Meter measurement

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Robert

10 Meter measurement

Post by Robert »

What is the correct way to measure 10 meter, muzzle to target or line to target?
Please advise,
Robert
eyoung1-at-mn.rr.com.49652.0
Mark.

Re: 10 Meter measurement

Post by Mark. »

: What is the correct way to measure 10 meter, muzzle to target or line to target?
The 10m measurement is from a line on the floor to the face of the target. The line on the floor normally corresponds with the edge of the bench which faces the shooter.

Mark.

Steve

So the muzzle of the gun is actually closer?

Post by Steve »

So on my home firing range, I can stand on the "10M from the target mark" and extend my hand (putting the muzzle about 1M closer)?
: : What is the correct way to measure 10 meter, muzzle to target or line to target?
: The 10m measurement is from a line on the floor to the face of the target. The line on the floor normally corresponds with the edge of the bench which faces the shooter.
:
: Mark.

Mack

Correct......NT

Post by Mack »

: So on my home firing range, I can stand on the "10M from the target mark" and extend my hand (putting the muzzle about 1M closer)?
: : : What is the correct way to measure 10 meter, muzzle to target or line to target?
: : The 10m measurement is from a line on the floor to the face of the target. The line on the floor normally corresponds with the edge of the bench which faces the shooter.
: :
: : Mark.

Tanasit

So get the longest barrel you can find (nt)

Post by Tanasit »

: So on my home firing range, I can stand on the "10M from the target mark" and extend my hand (putting the muzzle about 1M closer)?
: : : What is the correct way to measure 10 meter, muzzle to target or line to target?
: : The 10m measurement is from a line on the floor to the face of the target. The line on the floor normally corresponds with the edge of the bench which faces the shooter.
: :
: : Mark.

tanasit-at-covad.net.49716.49661