RWS model 6m piston seal replacement

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Frog

RWS model 6m piston seal replacement

Post by Frog »

Hi
Does anyone know of a source for instructions on this? I am having a job getting the Cylinder cap off in particular(- having removed the grub screw!)
Cheers
Frog
goodes-at-bigfoot.com.49543.0
Lewis Reinhold

Re: RWS model 6m piston seal replacement

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

Please stop before you get in over your head!These are not a job for the home handyman.They are very complicated and most repair attempts result in a scrapped gun.You need someone who has done plenty and knows his way around them.I strongly recommend getting Randy Bimrose at
barrelbender@earthlink.net to rebuild it for you.
They are absolutely delightful to fire when rebuilt and set up by an expert.They are awful if not!

lewisbelinda-at-yahoo.com.49545.49543
frog

Post by frog »

Thanks Lewis but unfortunately I am in the UK. Fotunately I am reasonably competant and the model 6 is less complicated than the model 10 (which I would not touch). Instructions would help but I'm in the position of having go or not being able to use the pistol.
Frog
Lewis Reinhold

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

I would try RWS/RUAG.They should know someone who can do it.
The internals for the 6 and 10 are the same.
No disrespect intended but reasonable competence won't rebuild one of these.Some of the very worst work,often resulting in a scrapped airgun,has been performed by "engineers","fitters and turners","motor mechanics".It is extremely easy to knock teeth off both pistons and new ones don't come cheap.
Just my take anyway.As always,it's up to you.

lewisbelinda-at-yahoo.com.49618.49615
Andy Smith

Post by Andy Smith »

Frog
Suggest that you try Frank Dyke and Co. 020 8670 2224. They are the UK Anschutz importer and were (may still be) the RWS / Original / Diana importer. They were very helpful re Original 75 rifle when I had one a few years ago.
Andy
:
: Thanks Lewis but unfortunately I am in the UK. Fotunately I am reasonably competant and the model 6 is less complicated than the model 10 (which I would not touch). Instructions would help but I'm in the position of having go or not being able to use the pistol.
: Frog

andy-at-smith2377.freeserve.co.uk.49620.49615