browning buckmark target 22 rifle trigger

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

ralph

browning buckmark target 22 rifle trigger

Post by ralph »

i have a browning target 22 rifle and i would like to finde a place were i can get a target trigger for it something that will go in to the ounce

knightrave-at-prtcnet.org.49512.0
Questor

Re: browning buckmark target 22 rifle trigger

Post by Questor »

I looked for something like that and could find none.
Slugster

No US companies make target guns anymore

Post by Slugster »

Target guns for serious competitors pretty much need fully-adjustable triggers, and for liability reasons US gun companies will not sell guns with such triggers. In fact, they won't even sell AIRGUNS with good triggers anymore! It is hopeless, do not waste your time trying to "Buy American". ....-If you want a good-shooting cheap bolt-action rifle, look at the EAA Biathlon Basic. Toggle-bolt no less, but right-hand only. It is made by ISMASH, who also makes the IZH35M bullseye pistol and the IZH46M air pistol (both mentioned on this forum quite a lot!), and those two guns should give you an idea of what to expect. It is going for around $220 or so--not much money, people who have them already say they shoot VERY accurate, have nice triggers -->maybe not 1-ounce triggers, but nice anyway. There are four different versions of the Biathlon Basic given on the website but the only one out right now is the 22LR without iron sights. I have read that the other versions are due out in April 2004.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Slugster

Biathlon Basic

Post by Slugster »

Additional notes: these guns use the same action as the $750 ISMASH Biathlon rifle, but [at least in some instances] not the same trigger. They have been delivered with at least two different triggers, and I think maybe three (?).... Also the included accessories has varied over time, so you can get an idea of the situation also (Early guns came with a single 5-shot magazine, but newer ones often have 1 5-shot and 1 10-shot). Check at the Rimfire Central forum for more info. I don't have one yet, so you cannot ask me (I am waiting for the version with iron peep-target sights to come out),
~

Len

I have and sell them

Post by Len »

They are very good for the money, the barrels are pure biathlon barrels with that cone style crown.
The finish is utilitarian but you are not paying for the looks. The triggers are one of the best out there in guns many classes above it.
IMay or so there should be one with a "bloop tube" and match sights, and a sporter version with a nicer stock. There were some issues with the threading on the receivers of some for the scope rail, but that's been fixed and they will send you new screws if you have a problem.

I had some of the 10 round magazines and they were the weakest link in the system. The 5 round magazines fit flush, function well, and never jamed in my use or some of my customers use. The 10 rounders howerver were a main sticking point. The guns I sell have two 5 rounders.
The only downside to the copy of the fortner action is is does not have a lock to battery device.
If you don't close it all the way, you can still pull the trigger and get a missfire. The more expesnive versions from other makers require the bolt to be fully home before the gun can be "fired".
There are lots of neat tweakes you can do to the bolt to make it much smoother.

Bill Poole

disagree: Re: No US companies make target guns anymore

Post by Bill Poole »

The statement in the subject line certainly applies to OLYMPIC style shooting, which, while the main emphasis of this board, is very much a minority of US target shooting.
There will be almost NO foreign made rifles at the conventional high power and service rifle events at Camp Perry, which is likely the biggest nationals in the country and will be roughly 10 times more well attended than any ISSF event in the US. 90% of those guns will be black AR-15 variants.
In High Power, Benchrest, Silly-wet, Bullseye pistol and maybe a few other games, US guns dominate (many custom made). In IPSC/IDPA/ practical pistol, BPCR, SASS and other target events, US gun companies are very well represented...
While I guess it is natural that we who specialize in one form of competition tend to look down on the other games, we must not forget that all TARGET SHOOTING events and their participants and equipment must be portrayed publicly as just as legitimate as ours.
Poole
http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/
bill-at-poole.com.49624.49611
Slugster

Ummm...... yea, but.......

Post by Slugster »

Okay, maybe the Rem 40X rifle.... -does it still have a screw-adjustable trigger?..... I don't know much of anything about that gun or those shooting events, but it is my understanding that the guns used at Camp Perry are almost all custom-built, or (towards the point I made) heavily modified. Like--->with aftermarket triggers or gunsmithed triggers, because the factory ones aren't that good. How many people enter with a 100% stock gun, right out of the box? Not a lot I'd guess....
~~~
Bill Poole

Re: Ummm...... yea, but.......

Post by Bill Poole »

I've seen very very very few Rem 40X's...
I heard that the guy who WON service rifle a few years ago used an out of the box AR-15.
but I would suspect that of the 1200 AR15's on the line at camp perry the 100 or so out of the box are in the hands of beginners and the others most all have an upgraded, AMERICAN MADE, trigger, barrel and sights...
So from a macro-economic point of view, made-in-america is still represented in the precision shooting sports... from a factory manufacturing point of view... I'll agree...
whereas in ISSF shooting an out-of-the-box Walth-werkbau-Mor-dini-schutz is competitive except at the very top.
Poole
bill-at-poole.com.49633.49630
Mike Schroeder

Re: Ummm...... yea, but.......

Post by Mike Schroeder »

Hi
With respect to the comments, below, why is it O.K. for foreign companies to sell "good triggers" but American Companies lawyers won't let them sell "good triggers"? Why don't the lawyers for the importing company complain? It doesn't match.
Mike
Wichita KS

: So from a macro-economic point of view, made-in-america is still represented in the precision shooting sports... from a factory manufacturing point of view... I'll agree...
: whereas in ISSF shooting an out-of-the-box Walth-werkbau-Mor-dini-schutz is competitive except at the very top.

mschreoder5-at-cox.net.49894.49633