Free pistol grip on LP-10 or 50

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Lane

Free pistol grip on LP-10 or 50

Post by Lane »

After seeing this in the Steyr catalog page. I was wondering what the size of a reduced 50 meter free pistol target would look like at the 10 meter distance. Maybe close to the standard air rifle tatget. Someone on this board has a program to print out reduced targets to the proper size for shooting at reduced ranges. Let's see! LP-10 std. and a LP-50 rapid fire, and LP-10 set up for free air pistol. LG-100 for air rifle. Think Scott would throw in a free tee shirt and hat??? I could hole up in my Kitchen to Bed room, air conditioned shooting complex and never leave the house. Could go all the way and get a small camera to mount on the target frame and set a small monitor up on the kitchen counter and be just like the big boys! Possibilities are endless.

JP O'Connor

FP Target Comparison To AP Target

Post by JP O'Connor »

: After seeing this in the Steyr catalog page. I was wondering what the size of a reduced 50 meter free pistol target would look like at the 10 meter distance. Maybe close to the standard air rifle tatget. ....
---
The FP target reduced to 10m is a lot smaller than the standard AP target. For example, the AP 8 ring is roughly about the size of the FP 7 ring. Free pistol is a great challenge!
jpoc-at-acm.org.49503.49494
Paul T (UK)

Re: Free pistol grip on LP-10 or 50

Post by Paul T (UK) »

I use the SCATT electronic trainer software to print scaled targets
www.scatt.com
You do not actually require a SCAT device to install the software on a PC and print the targets. It will do the scale you requested, the 50m ISSF pistol target at 10m. In the program, select Tools and then print target. You just select the 5.6mm 50m pistol target and say the distance to target is 10m.
I actually use this for dry fire and aiming exercises for the free pistol at 10m and occasionally the SCATT electronic trainer as well. If you do download the software, you can always download some sample shooter files for the disciplines you are interested in and you may be tempted to purchase a SCATT unit. I think they are well worth the money but the software is free.
I hope this helps.
Paul

Len

Ian Pellant

Post by Len »

You can get some software to print scaled targets here;

Bob LeDoux

Re: FP Target Comparison To AP Target

Post by Bob LeDoux »

I just reduced a target for dry fire on my 10 meter range. Ther 50 meter target has a black of 200mm, so, at 10 meters, 40 mm is a good size for dry fire. That is just about the size of the airpistol 8 ring (43.5 mm).
However, for live fire, this has to be reduced further to adjust for the bullet diameter. As you reduce the size of a target, the black gets smaller at a faster rate. If your front sight just covers the black at 50 meters, it will be wider than the black at 10 meters on a live fire target.
I hope that makes sense.
LesJ

Post by LesJ »

I always wandered how the idea of reduced target works.
On one side reduced target, shooter benefits from bullet/pellet hole not being reduced, but full size target would benefit shooter from shooter's hold wobble.
Are the reduced target reduced proportionally to the distance only or other factors are calculated in also?
Bob LeDoux

Post by Bob LeDoux »

The only additional factor is the diameter of the pellet or bullet because a shot touching the higher scoring ring receives the higher score.

Jim P.

You should reduce the Black and scoring rings differently

Post by Jim P. »

For just the reason that you state.
The black part of the target is visual and is a straight reduction.
The size of the scoring rings have to take account of the diameter of the bullet/pellet as a touch scores the ring.
Usually not done. But there is no reason that the black part has to end on a scoring ring.
Jim P.