IZH 46 M front sight

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Fred Wallace

IZH 46 M front sight

Post by Fred Wallace »

I am a new owner of a IZH 46 M. My pistol's front sight arrived slightly off vertical. I adjusted it and snugged up the locking screw. Through normal handling the front sight has again been bumped off vertical.
Is there a way to reliably lock the front sight blade in place? More pressure on the screw? Blue lock-tite? ???
KYwonderer-at-aol.com.49412.0
jt

Re: IZH 46 M front sight

Post by jt »

My whole gun came crooked. I just lined up the front and rear sight and pushed the front sight back a little and tightened it down on the barrel. After a few times of doing that it had a good mark on the barrel and I drilled a new hole for the screw to seat in. After that I squared up the front blade by turning the gun upside-down and placing the rear sight blade on a flat surface and a file under the front sight blade and worked it back and forth until the front blade was square with the back.
These IZH firearms are all a WIP. I have the 46M and 35M, but I wouldnt even think of buying one of their $300 over and under shotguns!!!
: I am a new owner of a IZH 46 M. My pistol's front sight arrived slightly off vertical. I adjusted it and snugged up the locking screw. Through normal handling the front sight has again been bumped off vertical.
: Is there a way to reliably lock the front sight blade in place? More pressure on the screw? Blue lock-tite? ???

shootingsports-at-ev1.net.49424.49412