IZH 35M Again

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Bill Freyfogle

IZH 35M Again

Post by Bill Freyfogle »

I heard the IZH 35 had problems when it came out. Are the new pistols reliable and worth buying as a backup or primary pistol?
Thanks....Bill
Freyf-at-yahoo.com.49379.0
Jay V

Re: IZH 35M Again

Post by Jay V »

: I heard the IZH 35 had problems when it came out. Are the new pistols reliable and worth buying as a backup or primary pistol?

I bought one of the first ones (*99) that EAA imported. It didn't like every ammo, but once you figured out what to use it was pretty good. I bought a second one (*02) about a year and a half ago, and it will shoot everything just fine. External fit and finish are the same. Neither has double-fired. Some guns will double right away, some will start after a few thousand rounds because of peening of the face of the slide that reduces the clearence to the barrel, pinching the round and setting it off. I have about 7,000 rounds through mine and it has not been a problem. EAA (the importer) has figured out how to fix it, but may charge something to correct it.
The IZH makes a pretty decent competition gun with grips (Morini or Walther KSP) and a few other mods.
If possible buy a *02 or later model.
Look at www.djprecision.com/ for a few accessories.

Jay V

jverg-at-att.net.49385.49379
Bill Freyfogle

Post by Bill Freyfogle »

Who sells the Morini grips for the IZH35?
Thanks....Bill
Slugster

Post by Slugster »

I bought one about three months ago, I have not had any problems with it except the infamous shroud screws that I replaced with cap-head Allen bolts--that cost me $.58 and had to cut them shorter with a Dremel tool. It shoots everything I have run through it.
-end-

Jay V

Post by Jay V »

: Who sells the Morini grips for the IZH35?
: Thanks....Bill
I.S.S. (Neal Stepp) 877-595-2090 iss@concentric.net
Jay

jverg-at-att.net.49430.49407