john p

IZH 35M

Post by john p »

DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF U CAN DRY FIRE THIS GUN// what about amo?? thanks john,,,
pchiefmojo-at-aol.com.49291.0
C.S. Richardson

Re: IZH 35M

Post by C.S. Richardson »

: DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF U CAN DRY FIRE THIS GUN// what about amo?? thanks john,,,

Yes, you can dry fire it. However, I generally dry fire mine without ammunition.
Your welcome,
C.S.
FWIW, YMMV, EIEIO

mimmp-at-castlegate.net.49349.49291
Jay V

Re: IZH 35M

Post by Jay V »

: DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF U CAN DRY FIRE THIS GUN// what about ammo??

The firing pin is designed with a large flat area to contact the face of the barrel, and a smaller "pin" to strike the rim of the case. All are at the same level, so if there is no case the small area of the pointed "pin" doesn't strike edge of the barrel alone - the force is spread over the larger surface. In theory it should not damage the barrel. I would take a close look at the area before dry-firing, then check the surface occasionally just to comfirm that you are not punching a mark in the face of the barrel.
As for ammo, I would recommend most target-velocity loads except Federal. Don't use HV ammo in the IZH. Some guns will double-fire (or more) with Federal that have been fine with other brands. Try CCI std, any Eley, PMC Scoremaster, Aguila SE, or Wolf (SK Jagd). The latter is a very light round, and may not always function the gun if dirty or cold. SK is very nice to fire in the IZH if it functions consistently - probably the lightest recoiling ammo in the one of the lowest bore-line .22 pistols made.

Jay
jverg-at-att.net.49354.49291