Pardini SP w occasional FTF. Fireing pin ??

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Wee Hooker

Pardini SP w occasional FTF. Fireing pin ??

Post by Wee Hooker »

My newish SP( w about 2000 rounds through it) has an every now and then FTF by producing what appears to be a SLIGHTLY light hit on the round. ( Putting he same round back in and recocking/fireing results in a discharge so it's not a primer issue.)
Ammo is Aguila blue or Purlpe. Gun is cleaned about every 300-500 rounds or so. I'm wondering if other SP owners have encountered this. I'm wondering if it's time to change out the fireing pin/ spring or if I just need to clean EVERY use by soaking the bolt in a good solvent .
Any experience appreciated.
weehooker-at-att.ent.49266.0
Bob

Re: Pardini SP w occasional FTF. Fireing pin ??

Post by Bob »

replace firing pin and spring about every 1500 to 2000 rds.
: My newish SP( w about 2000 rounds through it) has an every now and then FTF by producing what appears to be a SLIGHTLY light hit on the round. ( Putting he same round back in and recocking/fireing results in a discharge so it's not a primer issue.)
: Ammo is Aguila blue or Purlpe. Gun is cleaned about every 300-500 rounds or so. I'm wondering if other SP owners have encountered this. I'm wondering if it's time to change out the fireing pin/ spring or if I just need to clean EVERY use by soaking the bolt in a good solvent .
: Any experience appreciated.

iceman-at-tcnet.net.49269.49266
Doug O

Post by Doug O »

: My newish SP( w about 2000 rounds through it) has an every now and then FTF by producing what appears to be a SLIGHTLY light hit on the round. ( Putting he same round back in and recocking/fireing results in a discharge so it's not a primer issue.)
: Ammo is Aguila blue or Purlpe. Gun is cleaned about every 300-500 rounds or so. I'm wondering if other SP owners have encountered this. I'm wondering if it's time to change out the fireing pin/ spring or if I just need to clean EVERY use by soaking the bolt in a good solvent .
i clean my 4 yr old pardini each time i shoot it because sometimes it is a month or more before i will use it again. i have 4500 rounds of RWS target rifle ammo through the gun, with never any failures of any kind. good luck, Doug O
dougo-at-dock.net.49270.49266
Questor

Post by Questor »

That's what I get from my SP using Aguila or CCI SV. Using Eley or RWS it never occurs. In warm weather the Aguila is reliable, but it must be at least 70 degrees F to be reliable. Nygord sends a sheet with them that says European target ammo is a requirement. Following his directions as to ammo, I find the gun to be perfectly reliable and have never had an alibi.

Bob Riegl

Post by Bob Riegl »

I use either RWS (recommended by Don Nygord) or Jagd Green Dot. Have never experienced FTF since the gun arrived new from Nygord. Cleaning the gun is good, too much cleaning isn't necessary---just blow out the grit from the innards , every once in a while, with pure air and NOTHING ELSE.
Questor

Post by Questor »

I agree. The frame facilitates this too. If you remove the grip and barrel, you can use "canned air" to blow a blast of air from behind the action forward toward where the barrel would be. Long Q-tips help in removing spots of accummulated crud. I clean more frequently when using Eley ammo because the bullet lube builds up significantly on and about the breech.
Scott H.

Post by Scott H. »

Put me in with the group who has never had a bobble with his SP. I use Eley Standard Pistol (blue box), Target Pistol (yellow), and SK Jagd subsonic. Happily, none of these are more than $37 a brick, and they group superbly, too.
fwbaw92-at-msn.com.49279.49266
tommyg

Post by tommyg »

ok My pardini sp is two years old. I have about 15000 round through it. I have replaeced two mags and a recoil spring. Nygord reccomends a recoil spring every 5000 -6000 rounds.
I also am plagued by ftf every once in a while. the first round was because of the weak recoil spring. the second was beacause eof beat up mags and a really bad lot of eley taarget pistol(overall length of the cartridge was 1/16 to 1/8" too long!!!) My lateset round I have tracked down to dirty/unlubricated slide.
My reccomendations:
because the mags are built to minimum toleraces(ie match cartridge length. ammo is critical, most american ammo made today is too long for the mags.
becareful of the temperature. cold temperature does weird things to 22 ammo and gun lube. eley target is under powered at freezing temps. going to a little faster ammo in the winter will help keep thing moving.
a light hit sometimes indicates a failure to completly return to battery, even a few thou will make a difference. from what you right is sound like the odd round is slightlty oversize(diameter) and swages into the the chamber while being fed, hence a weak recoil spring or cold temp causing under power round or a bit of both.

My newish SP( w about 2000 rounds through it) has an every now and then FTF by producing what appears to be a SLIGHTLY light hit on the round. ( Putting he same round back in and recocking/fireing results in a discharge so it's not a primer issue.)

Scott H.

Post by Scott H. »

: replace firing pin and spring about every 1500 to 2000 rds.
!?
That seems a little extreme. I've been shooting mine for 3 years now, very regularly, and the gun was used when I bought it. I've yet to need to replace anything.
fwbaw92-at-msn.com.49281.49269
ab

Post by ab »

I had the same problem, with my pardini I found problem to be that the round that had not fired was not seated fully in the chamber.After checking the ammo was found to be very slightly too long for the chamber., The bolt had enough energy to seat the ammo in the lands but now & again not enough.