shooting glasses

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

maitrehenry

shooting glasses

Post by maitrehenry »

I'm a pistol shooter and would like to buy shooting glasses, do you have any advices, what kind do you own and do you think it helps much.
Thanks
maitrehenry-at-wanadoo.fr.49255.0
Rodm

Re: shooting glasses

Post by Rodm »

I have Champions and my son has Vargas. Functionaly there isn't enough difference between any of them to pay extra money for. Therefore I would suggest you support our host and get the Vargas.
I think that they are worth the expense in that they provide the protection with the best vision and least distortion. Also if you are a pistol shooter get the ires. Don't drop it down to a pinhole but leave it quite open. Use it to keep your head alined and your sights in the center of the glass.
Rodm
: I'm a pistol shooter and would like to buy shooting glasses, do you have any advices, what kind do you own and do you think it helps much.
: Thanks

ramadsen-at-iname.com.49258.49255
Mack

Post by Mack »

I agree with Rodm. I have a pair of Vargas glasses and I am very pleased with them.
: I have Champions and my son has Vargas. Functionaly there isn't enough difference between any of them to pay extra money for. Therefore I would suggest you support our host and get the Vargas.
: I think that they are worth the expense in that they provide the protection with the best vision and least distortion. Also if you are a pistol shooter get the ires. Don't drop it down to a pinhole but leave it quite open. Use it to keep your head alined and your sights in the center of the glass.
: Rodm
: : I'm a pistol shooter and would like to buy shooting glasses, do you have any advices, what kind do you own and do you think it helps much.
: : Thanks

maitrehenry

Post by maitrehenry »

In france the prices are from 150€ (Kettner) to 350 (champion) is it about the same cost in US?
maitrehenry-at-wanadoo.fr.49262.49259
Richard

Post by Richard »

I couldn't disagree more, there is a big difference between Vargas and Champions. Champions are far more comfortable and more adjustable. Champion filters are of better optical quality than the others. If you can afford them and shoot a lot I would suggest Champions if you don't shoot that much or can't afford them I would suggest Knoblochs or Vargas in that order.
: I'm a pistol shooter and would like to buy shooting glasses, do you have any advices, what kind do you own and do you think it helps much.

edy

Post by edy »

nygord have a champion glasses from $145 dlls to $240 dlls

Steve

Post by Steve »

I bought a pair of Varga glasses with a +0.75 lens and an aperture, and I'm quite pleased with them. My friend has Knoblochs and they seem a little better made, but I don't think they work any better.
I had to bend the nose piece quite a bit with some pliers to get it to fit to my liking, but otherwise they work pretty good. I like the fact that I don't need a wrench to adjust them.
Steve

tenex-at-sbcglobal.net.49285.49255