Has anyone ever written a book about Airgun Target Competiti

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

tj

Has anyone ever written a book about Airgun Target Competiti

Post by tj »

I have several books that cover the subject of international shooting but are not exclusively air gun, or have the depth of other books that deal with more popular target shooting disciplines.
Any suggestions?
shootingsports-at-ev1.net.49242.0
Joe G.

Re: Has anyone ever written a book about Airgun Target Compe

Post by Joe G. »

Which books do you have? As far as international shooting I don't know of any that are exclusively about airguns. There are a couple of books on competitive shooting that I would nonetheless recommend anyway. The first is by a Russian coach, A.A. Yur Yev and is titled Competition Shooting. This one is quite comprehensive and gets a bit technical, it is sold by the NRA. The second is "Pistol Shooting" by Ragnar Skanaker and Lazlo Antal. It is more concise and gives many good pointers, there is one chapter specifically on air pistol. There was also an excellent video tape produced by Dynamit Nobel/RWS in Germany and available a few years ago that was primarily about air pistol shooting. Best regards, Joe G.

Josephjfg-at-aol.com.49287.49242
tj

Post by tj »

I have both those books and a few others. The one I am reading now is Successful Pistol Shooting by Paul and Frank Leatherdale.
I was hoping to find one I dont have but I guess there isnt much demand for books on AR & AP competiton.

Thanks!

: Which books do you have? As far as international shooting I don't know of any that are exclusively about airguns. There are a couple of books on competitive shooting that I would nonetheless recommend anyway. The first is by a Russian coach, A.A. Yur Yev and is titled Competition Shooting. This one is quite comprehensive and gets a bit technical, it is sold by the NRA. The second is "Pistol Shooting" by Ragnar Skanaker and Lazlo Antal. It is more concise and gives many good pointers, there is one chapter specifically on air pistol. There was also an excellent video tape produced by Dynamit Nobel/RWS in Germany and available a few years ago that was primarily about air pistol shooting. Best regards, Joe G.

shootingsports-at-ev1.net.49288.49287
Mako

Post by Mako »

"Pistol Shooting As A Sport" by Hans Standl ... find it here (check English, for English translation):
makofoto-at-earthlink.net.49304.49242