10th Asian Shooting Championships - 06-19 February 2004

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Bill Poole

10th Asian Shooting Championships - 06-19 February 2004

Post by Bill Poole »

This week, in fact right at this very moment.... is the 10th Asian Shooting Championships in Kuala Lampur....
if ANYONE who reads this list finds out the results day by day (I am particularly interested in today's events) post them if you could!
Same thing for Thailand next week!
Thanks!
Poole

bill-at-poole.com.49213.0
Bill Poole

Re: 10th Asian Shooting Championships - 06-19 February 2004

Post by Bill Poole »

I found this: and I am surprised....

Chinese shooters gun down five golds
SUBANG: China, powered by three Olympic champions, got off to an explosive start in the Asian Shooting Championships yesterday, bagging five of the six gold medals at stake.
Their women made a sweep of all four titles with Wang Lina setting the ball rolling – claiming the first gold medal for China in the women's 10m air pistol event with a score of 485.8.
The 33-year-old Lina teamed up with Cao Ying and Wu Yan to take the team gold medal with a score of 1,155. The Japanese trio of Inada Yoko, Yoshida Yuki and Michiro Fukushima had a total of 1,136 to take the silver medal.
India's Anisa Sayyed, Shweta Chaudhry and Sushma Rana finished third with ascore of 1,134.
Although Lina had two gold medals to show from the opening day's action, she was far from happy with her performance.
“I have a personal best of 392 but today I only managed 388, which is not good for my standard if I hope to win a medal in the Athens Olympics (in August),” she said.
“I will be competing in the sports pistol here and I hope to register a good score and win more gold medals for my country.”
The Chinese women made a clean sweep of all the medals in the individual trap event. Wang Yujin won the gold with a score of 94 points ahead of Wang Yiwen (93) and Gao E (91) . Their score for the team gold medal was 210.
China only failed to win the men's individual 50m pistol event. In fact, none of their shooters got on the rostrum.
The title went to North Korea's Kim Hyon-ung, who shot a 667.0. Kazakhstan's Vladimir Issachenho took the silver with a score of 658.6 and Jakkrit Panichpatikun of Thailand finished third on 656.3.
more at
http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.as ... sec=sports

bill-at-poole.com.49235.49213
HBP

Not surprised . . .

Post by HBP »

The East is the rising star of ISSF style shooting. They don't appear to be plagued by our "politically correct" gun issues, and seem to have the correct mental and technological approach (i.e. funding & helping athletes with potential).
Bill Poole

Re: Not surprised . . .

Post by Bill Poole »

OOHHHHH THAT is NOT what surprised me.....
I was expecting a DIFFERENT name to appear at the top of that list!
(and today is her birthday! sheng ri kuai le)
Poole
: The East is the rising star of ISSF style shooting. They don't appear to be plagued by our "politically correct" gun issues, and seem to have the correct mental and technological approach (i.e. funding & helping athletes with potential).

bill-at-poole.com.49247.49246
Gene Rotsch

Re: Not surprised . . .

Post by Gene Rotsch »

Not quite sure what you mean by "politically correct". To my knowledge, private ownership of guns of any sort is totally against the law in China. I'm sure that their shooting team has received some sort of exemption on their competition equipment.
Deep 10's,
Gene

: The East is the rising star of ISSF style shooting. They don't appear to be plagued by our "politically correct" gun issues, and seem to have the correct mental and technological approach (i.e. funding & helping athletes with potential).

ebonezer-at-ix.netcom.com.49275.49246