Rifle Clothing

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

David Levene

Rifle Clothing

Post by David Levene »

I have just visited the ISSF News site and, according to my calculations, only 11 people have bothered to write a comment in regard to Gary Anderson's letter.
I am a pistol shooter and do not have the knowledge, experience or quite honestly the interest to have strong views either way in the arguement. What I do know is that 11 people cannot be described as an overwhelming body against the proposed changes.
I could easily see the ISSF coming to the conclusion that there is insufficient feeling against the proposals to bother changing them.
I am not suggesting that more people have not complained to various officials or direct to the ISSF. What I am suggesting is that such "private" complaints, or indeed complaints on Target Talk, will have little bearing on the final decision. The ISSF have provided a public forum for complaints or support. That would seem to be the obvious place to go for those with strong feelings on either side.
I have spoken to a few reasonable quality AR shooters who are quite happy with the suggestions.
Sorry to bring this up again but, unless they get a firm message of unhappiness, the next you will hear from the ISSF is that the proposals have passed all of the constitutionally required steps. It will then be too late.
Let them know how you feel publicly or accept what they decide.
Rant over.
dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.49196.0
Len

Maybe not that many people are unhappy

Post by Len »

or maybe they are mailing in their responses?

Bill

Re: Rifle Clothing

Post by Bill »

I know I, and others, send e-mail letters directly to the ISSF a while back. They have yet to respond.
I strongly oppose any changes to equipment without a valid reason. No valid reason has yet to be presented.

: I have just visited the ISSF News site and, according to my calculations, only 11 people have bothered to write a comment in regard to Gary Anderson's letter.
: I am a pistol shooter and do not have the knowledge, experience or quite honestly the interest to have strong views either way in the arguement. What I do know is that 11 people cannot be described as an overwhelming body against the proposed changes.
: I could easily see the ISSF coming to the conclusion that there is insufficient feeling against the proposals to bother changing them.
: I am not suggesting that more people have not complained to various officials or direct to the ISSF. What I am suggesting is that such "private" complaints, or indeed complaints on Target Talk, will have little bearing on the final decision. The ISSF have provided a public forum for complaints or support. That would seem to be the obvious place to go for those with strong feelings on either side.
: I have spoken to a few reasonable quality AR shooters who are quite happy with the suggestions.
: Sorry to bring this up again but, unless they get a firm message of unhappiness, the next you will hear from the ISSF is that the proposals have passed all of the constitutionally required steps. It will then be too late.
: Let them know how you feel publicly or accept what they decide.
: Rant over.

David Levene

Re: Rifle Clothing

Post by David Levene »

: I know I, and others, send e-mail letters directly to the ISSF a while back. They have yet to respond.
: I strongly oppose any changes to equipment without a valid reason. No valid reason has yet to be presented.
With all due respect, that is exactly my point.
Unless the complaints are made public then nobody except the ISSF knows how many there have been.
The ISSF News have provided an great way of making those complaints public and allowing everyone to see how many people are either for or against the proposals. There can then be no dispute about numbers.
If you have emailed the ISSF direct then why not also post it on the ISSF News site. You will have to register but that is easy enough.
dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.49216.49202