FWB AW93 hi cap mags

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

GHuczek

FWB AW93 hi cap mags

Post by GHuczek »

Is a 10-shot magazine in 22LR available for the AW93? It takes a 5-shot mag which looks like its crimped down to restrict. The mag seems long enough to hold at least 10 roundsAnyone know if these are available?

ghuczek-at-sasktel.net.49067.0
ferret

Re: FWB AW93 hi cap mags

Post by ferret »

: Is a 10-shot magazine in 22LR available for the AW93? It takes a 5-shot mag which looks like its crimped down to restrict.
Do your only take 5? Here in Sweden they take 6 (which is good because that's the number of rounds in field target).

GHuczek

Post by GHuczek »

: Do your only take 5? Here in Sweden they take 6 (which is good because that's the number of rounds in field target).
Yes, the magazine takes 5 rounds. With one round chambered, the full clip has 5, for the six in field target sports. I'm looking for a way to use a 10-round clip, so less reloading is needed when pracising.

ghuczek-at-sasktel.net.49081.49072
ferret

Post by ferret »

Well, then we know that if an importer orders enough of them, it's possible to get Feinwerkbau to make 6 round magazines. I don't know how many it would take to get them to make 10 round magazines. (Benelli makes 9 round magazines, so it's not an impossible idea for European target pistol makers.)
Looking at mine it seems easy to convert to take 7. Just make the slot in the side longer. There's certainly room for 9, but the problem is the rotation which depends on how far the spring is compressed which makes me believe a redesign would be necessary to get reliable feed when more than 7 are loaded.
I could have some use for a 10 round magazine myself. Not for practice, but for testing ammunition from a sandbag rest.
Walt

Post by Walt »

Did you try putting 6 in it?
Mine will hold 6 comfortably.