IZH-46M newbie re grips

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Don P

IZH-46M newbie re grips

Post by Don P »

Like I said in the subject, I'm new to air pistol, but not new to handguns. I'm a former .357 Mag frame / .38 Spec target load shooter. From reading here, I understand I need to shape the stock 46M grip to my hand. BUT, are there replacement straight grips that work with the 46M? Thanks!

dm03tv-at-yahoo.com.49053.0
Bubba

This may be a job for "GRIPMAN"

Post by Bubba »

: Like I said in the subject, I'm new to air pistol, but not new to handguns. I'm a former .357 Mag frame / .38 Spec target load shooter. From reading here, I understand I need to shape the stock 46M grip to my hand. BUT, are there replacement straight grips that work with the 46M? Thanks!
The best of best situations for resolving your grip issues would be your being able to go visit Seaton Thomas, and have him fit thee IZH grips to your hand. I have had the grip fitting experience with Seaton, and it is absolutely amazing the things he can do to make a grip fit you.
I don't know where you live But you might want to contace the Gripman at Seaton2@FrontierNet.net.
He has been known to work long distance. You would need to contact him for details.
Most of the time the IZH grips have enough wood for fitting, and the wood is good enough that he does not need to make new grips, although this is an option.
I believe that there are grip makers that do make custon grips for the IZH. Perhaps someone will advise you on who and where. The Gripman would be my first choice.
Respectfully,
Bubba

DanielHankiins-at-wmconnect.com.49080.49053
Norm

Re: IZH-46M newbie re grips

Post by Norm »

What you're calling the grips, are really the shipping crate. Your grips are inside them. You'll need to sand, shave, rasp, file, Dremel off the crate to find your grips.
Very few aftermarket grips are available for the Izzy. Spend half the price of fancy grips, buy a Dremel and have a it.
Norm

nglitz-at-optonline.net.49085.49053
Jeff

Where is GRIPMAN? What state?

Post by Jeff »

: I don't know where you live
?where does HE live?
seaton

Re: Where is GRIPMAN? What state?

Post by seaton »

I live in Bullhead city Az across the Colorado river from Laughlin Nevada :)

seaton2-at-frontiernet.net.49107.49098