Does the Pardini K2S have a gauge on it's tank?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Jeff

Does the Pardini K2S have a gauge on it's tank?

Post by Jeff »

Can't tell from the pics-- is it like the Steyr and others that have the gauge right on there?
Mark

Re: Does the Pardini K2S have a gauge on it's tank?

Post by Mark »

No, they don't. Steyr LP10 tanks do have gauges, Steyr LP1P tanks don't have gauges. However, IIRC, the LP10 and LP1P tanks are interchangeable.
: Can't tell from the pics-- is it like the Steyr and others that have the gauge right on there?

Jerry LeVan

Post by Jerry LeVan »

: Can't tell from the pics-- is it like the Steyr and others that have the gauge right on there?
Well they have a simpler gauge, sorta like a tire gauge with three lines. When the last one goes into the cylinder it's time to reair.
---Jerry

Jim

Post by Jim »

The gauge on the Pardini K2 is a simple arrangement of three lines. When it's full, all 3 show, when it is time to fill up only one shows, but you still have at least 30 shots of full power left. Since the Pardini can take up to 250 bar pressure (as opposed to the standard 200bar), you get more shots between refills. My K2 easily gets over 200 shots before it needs a refill. Even if it is only filled to standard 200 bar it consistently gets more shots than my Steyr LP1.
The needle gauges on many AP cylinders I've used are not always reliable, anyway. It's best to test them repeatably before match use, preferably with an air source that accurately and dispenses air to a known pressure. You can get a little external gauge, which screws on a detached cylinder. These are reliable. Learn how many good shots you can count on. That way you'll avoid sudden change in point of impact. One particularly troublesome FWB 34 we had was especially bad. It only gave about 30-40 shots before point of impact dropped suddenly.
Jim

james.buckland-at-converse.edu.49111.49031