IZH 35

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Kirby

IZH 35

Post by Kirby »

Just curious what you more serious target shooters thing about the pistol. I have heard there is a lot of stuff here on the IZH but I can't find it short of trigger adjustment. Curious as to how this thing stands up to a customized ruger slabside. Uses will be hunting, silhouette, and spot shooting, no bullseye. Thanks, Kirby
nakoa01-at-yahoo.com.48956.0
william

stick with the Ruger

Post by william »

The Izh will be out of its element, and there is all the aftermarket stuff you could ever want for the Ruger.

politt-at-1stcounsel.com.48957.48956
Matt S.

Information source...

Post by Matt S. »

You might like to look around Pete Brunelli's website dedicated to the IZH 35M...
Lots of good stuff.
I've got the Walther KSP-200 grips and a Steyr AP trigger shoe on mine, and it shoots pretty well. No experience with the Ruger though...
9811matt-at-comcast.net.48960.48956
Questor

Re: IZH 35

Post by Questor »

The IZH is not designed for the things you want to do. The Ruger is the better choice.
Mike Schroeder

Re: IZH 35

Post by Mike Schroeder »

Curious as to how this thing stands up to a customized ruger slabside.
Hi
My Ruger Mark II slabside shoots groups that are inside the 10 ring at 25 yards using Federal Lightning's. I bought an Ultradot 4 for it, from MidSouth. Plan on using it for Bullseye. I like it a lot so far.
WRT Triggers, are there trigger pull limits for the various matches at the CMP, USA Shooting, and ISSF matches? I'm guessing there are, but I'll have to call around for someone with a copy. I haven't gone to the Volquartsen trigger yet.
Mike
Wichita KS
mschroeder5-at-cox.net.48964.48956
Jay V

Re: IZH 35 (trigger-pull weight)

Post by Jay V »

(snip) are there trigger pull limits for the various matches at the CMP, USA Shooting, and ISSF matches?

In general, rim-fire trigger weight rules state it must lift a 2 pound weight(NRA conventional competitons).
International Std Pistol (USA Shooting) weight may be 1000 grams, or about 1 pound, if I'm not mistaken.

Jay
jverg-at-att.net.48966.48964
Anonymous

Re: IZH 35 (trigger-pull weight)

Post by Anonymous »

1 pound = 453.6 gramms
1000 grams = 2.205 pounds

: In general, rim-fire trigger weight rules state it must lift a 2 pound weight(NRA conventional competitons).
: International Std Pistol (USA Shooting) weight may be 1000 grams, or about 1 pound, if I'm not mistaken.
:
: Jay

Slugster

Ruger 10-inch bull-barrel

Post by Slugster »

The IZH is great for bullseye, not so great for all you mentioned. And the slabside is over-rated, they make it to try to improve the one-handed balance, but you don't care about that so skip it entirely. --->The Ruger with the 10-inch barrel will clean up for what you want [especially sihlouette], since you don't need to shoot one-handed. It is loooonnng and heavier, but you rest the barrel on something or put a rimfire rifle scope on it and hold it "taco" style, supported with your hand. It moves and flips very little during firing, only downside is hard to find a good holster for (if you care about that).

Kirby

Thanks Guys

Post by Kirby »

That was a quick turn out. Looks like for what I want the ruger can't be beat. Thanks again...Kirby
nakoa01-at-yahoo.com.48973.48957
Jay V

Re: IZH 35 (trigger-pull weight correction)

Post by Jay V »

: 1000 grams = 2.205 pounds
Guess I was mistaken...

Jay

jverg-at-att.net.48974.48969
Mark.

Re: Ruger 10-inch bull-barrel

Post by Mark. »

I shoot a Ruger with a 10" bull barrel and find it's a hoot to shoot for silhouette. But it is indeed heavy! I only wish I could use it for hunting groundhogs...

Mark.
Mike Schroeder

Re: IZH 35 (trigger-pull weight correction)

Post by Mike Schroeder »

Thanks
That helps explain why Volquartsen is selling a replacement trigger / hammer / setup for the Mark II for $91.00 and it's a 2.25 pound trigger pull. That may be a next purchase. I've got the Ruger Slabside, and pistol is my third favorite shooting sport, behind any rifle first, and any shotgun second. I've always like the rifle, but the shotgun is also pretty fun.
Mike
Wichita KS

mschroeder5-at-cox.net.48984.48974
Mike Schroeder

Re: Thanks Guys

Post by Mike Schroeder »

: That was a quick turn out. Looks like for what I want the ruger can't be beat. Thanks again...Kirby
Now for sights, I suggest you look at the Bullseye-L list, even if you aren't shooting bullseye. There are piles of opinions in the listserver on the Ultradot, Doktor (I think), propoint, and other red dots. Iron sights are also mentioned. On the Bullseye Encyclopedia page there is a really good article on how red dot sights work, and why the ultra dot is better than the propoint. Leupold isn't mentioned unfortunately.
Have fun.
Mike
Wichita KS

mschroeder5-at-cox.net.48985.48973