Anschutz/SAM/Matchguns

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

DaveS

Anschutz/SAM/Matchguns

Post by DaveS »

I handled one of the Anschutz M10's at NealJ's several years ago and couldn't help but be impressed by the way this pistol felt,balanced,....and oh that trigger! I was surprised to hear a few years later that Anschutz severed their relationship with Cesare Morini leaving further development and marketing to SAM. Now there's Matchguns producing a variant of this pistol with Cesare again at the helm. From what I've read here on the board, you either love or hate this pistol design. I have never handled the latter versions. From what I remembered of the M10, the workmanship was superb and worthy of the Anschutz name. What has been happening with this pistol? Does anyone know what the origins were? Was this originally a co-design between Anschutz and Cesare Morini, or was it to be sponsored and marketed by Anschutz? One can't help but recognize the influence that it had on Anshutz's LP@/Steyr LP10 variation. I don't intend to own one, but I've been always intrigued on why the design seems so irrepressible despite the lack of major acceptance. Without getting into the negatives, can anybody here relate any history of this pistol? Was this the same trigger design that was incorporated into the Morini 162M?
dfs
Francesco

Re: Anschutz/SAM/Matchguns

Post by Francesco »

The Anschutz M10 was developped by Cesare for Anschutz when SAM was allready build. The trigger design of M10 or all other SAM pistols has nothing to do with the mechanical trigger of CM 162MI.
morini-at-bluewin.ch.49219.48885