Is your trigger weight legal?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Robert

Is your trigger weight legal?

Post by Robert »

My trigger weight was not legal. After the adjustment, I am now sure it can lift up the 500 grams weight.
Does the trigger pull weight shifts by itself over time? During the adjustment process, I found that my FWB 34 trigger break point was less than 500 grams. I had a tough time to bring it up; it would not lock. Instead, I brought the first stage pull to clear the weight check. Suprisingly, this trigger weight setting gave me a better shot execution.
Any comment?
eyoung1-at-mn.rr.com.48882.0
Spencer C

Re: Is your trigger weight legal? Two part response

Post by Spencer C »

The trigger mechanism is a collection of bearing surfaces, springs, various adjustments and lubricant. To expect this type of system to maintain a constant 'pull' over time and varying temperatures is not realistic. The pull will change as the sear engagment polishes itself in with use, tolerance stacking will take up (or otherwise) with vibration in transit...
The answer to this is to check the pull on a regular basis (not just that it passes) and keep it set at a reasonable level such as (I can see the arguments coming) 550 to 600g.
The second part of your message "Suprisingly, this trigger weight setting gave me a better shot execution" is not surprising. Most likely the changed trigger feel made you concentrate on the trigger release, and trigger control is arguably the single biggest aspect of air pistol.

elmer

Re: Is your trigger weight legal? Two part response

Post by elmer »

i agree with spencer. the best thing to do is to set your trigger pull weight a little bit over 500 grams. ul get use to it.