old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Len

More non-lead pellets

Post by Len »

Jeff

Just got something similar...

Post by Jeff »

...that I haven't tried out yet I had ordered the Dynamic all-one-piece pellets but the online store sent the two-piece ones by mistake. Still. planning on trying them out in my Izzy but haven't yet... (I was reading the "pellet type hardly matters" thread below.) I'll let you know my impressions after I've had a chance.
jwolverton-at-hotmail.com.48871.48870
Len

Re: Just got something similar...

Post by Len »

Be careful, those are the little guys that sometimes bounce around. Make sure you put lots of soft stuff in your trap.

Craig Bergh

Which pellet is more accurate...

Post by Craig Bergh »

Hello,
I ran across this website that did a nice accuracy comparison of a variety of pellets. The results were enlightening. That stype of pellet did not do very well at all.
I think the target shooters on this BBS will appreciate the comparison of all the pellets.
http://www.accuratereloading.com/pellets.html
Craig Bergh
Worthington, MN

cbergh-at-iw.net.48879.48870
Len

Re: Which pellet is more accurate...

Post by Len »

The diablo is most accurate at short distances in low to medium power guns.
At longer distances or in high power guns, a domed pellets will "rule" the roost.
The guys at accurate relaoding do some really neat stuff the only criique I have is they used a lower powered rifle, it would be interesting to see what would happen if they used a much higher power PCP rifle.
When dealing with field pellets there is also the "science" of spaltology...or the efficay of the pellet to transfer energy to a living target.
Theories abound as to how to test, which pellet is best. Surfice to say some of the best work in that area seems to have been done by Ian - see the link.
I certainly am not suggesting using those trashcanstle pellets, it was just more of the "non-lead" discussion.

Jeff

I always have an old shirt inside the pellet trap...

Post by Jeff »

...so that shouldn't be a problem. (I'm realling waiting for the one-piece ones, anyway.)
: Be careful, those are the little guys that sometimes bounce around. Make sure you put lots of soft stuff in your trap.