Beeman SP .22 LR pistol?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

norm j

Beeman SP .22 LR pistol?

Post by norm j »

Hi,
yesterday at a WAC gunshow in Puyallup, WA, i saw a Beeman SP .22 LR pistol. it had a walnut foregrip and great walnut target grips. the seller knew nothing about it.
what can anyone tell me about this pistol? i almost bought it, the seller wanted $325 ... but i went and looked it up in a collector value book, and it listed a price for that model in that condition of only $200 ...
norm
normj1969-at-yahoo.com.48811.0
DaveS

Re: Beeman SP .22 LR pistol?

Post by DaveS »

I came accross one of these used several years ago in a gun shop. I called Beeman an inquired about it and they claimed that they had no information on the pistol. One of the board members here identified the pistol as a Spanish made Silhouette pistol. It was available with or without a forearm and also in many different sized barrel lengths. I understand that they sold for about 250-300 USD in the mid 80's.
dfs

: Hi,
: yesterday at a WAC gunshow in Puyallup, WA, i saw a Beeman SP .22 LR pistol. it had a walnut foregrip and great walnut target grips. the seller knew nothing about it.
: what can anyone tell me about this pistol? i almost bought it, the seller wanted $325 ... but i went and looked it up in a collector value book, and it listed a price for that model in that condition of only $200 ...
: norm

Lewis Reinhold

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

Was it a Beeman SPX?Sidelever .22LR Silhouette.The SPX Standard was beech grips with blued action,SPX Deluxe was walnut with matte chromed action.

lewisbelinda-at-yahoo.com.48817.48811
normj

Post by normj »

: Was it a Beeman SPX?Sidelever .22LR Silhouette.The SPX Standard was beech grips with blued action,SPX Deluxe was walnut with matte chromed action.
All I saw was "Beeman SP .22 LR" on the left side, the right side said Beeman Made in West Germany. It was single shot, left side lever opening ...
Norm
normj1969-at-yahoo.com.48832.48817
Randy Bimrose

Post by Randy Bimrose »

The reason they did not have any information on it is because when SR Industries bought them in 1993 none of the firearms went with the sale. They did not want to deal in firearms except for the FWB ones.
barrelbender-at-earthlink.net.48838.48813
normj

Post by normj »

You seem knowledgeable! Any other ideas of where I could learn about this pistol? I will not buy this guy's, but if I see one if the future at a realistic price, I will buy one ...
Norm

: The reason they did not have any information on it is because when SR Industries bought them in 1993 none of the firearms went with the sale. They did not want to deal in firearms except for the FWB ones.

normj1969-at-yahoo.com.48846.48838
Lewis Reinhold

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

Hi Randy,
Wasn't it made by Rhoner?
Lewis

lewisbelinda-at-yahoo.com.48847.48838
Robert Blum

Post by Robert Blum »

Norm - I have seen that pistol at WAC also. I have one in its Free Pistol form. It was made by Rhöner and imported by Beeman. There is not much on Rhöner on the web that I have been able to find. They seem to be a small family business in Germany that is still in existence. I have not been able to find a website or e-mail address for the firm, and even if I did my German is about 30 years old, and wasn't all that fluent at best.
I posted to this forum about my Rhöner last summer, when I got mine. Beeman has a little documention about it, but only a few pages worth. I managed to get a parts list/exploded diagram from one of the people I shoot with here in Kenmore/Bothell. $200 is more like a fair price. It has been a good beginning free pistol for me: tolerable and adjustable trigger and sights, decent balance, wraparound grips that were improved with wood putty and a whole lot more accurate than I am. - Bob

blum-at-u.washington.edu.48925.48811