Purpose of the horizontal stripe training bull?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

JohnL

Purpose of the horizontal stripe training bull?

Post by JohnL »

Can anyone here tell me what this is used to teach and how it is used?
Thanks.
John
jelow1966-at-yahoo.com.48794.0
Len

An ininformed guess

Post by Len »

Maybe the top of the sight blades should be on that line for a center hold or at an equal and consistient distance parallel to that line for various other holds (six and sub six)?

Bob Riegl

Special Targets

Post by Bob Riegl »

The main premise of these type of targets is to teach the main soncept of sight alignment---"accept movement and squeeze the trigger consistently", this target seeks to perfect your horizontal alignment----if you turn the target 90 degrees now you have a target which will test your trigger squeeze and search for patterns that upset your vertical alignment. These targets were available from Edlemann, but I made my own by xeroxing an black vinyl stripe on cream card stock. I do not know if this is current taring for FP & AP shooters, but it worked with the cadets quite nicely.

Mako

LINK to Edelmann special targets & instructions

Post by Mako »

On the Pilkgun site ... go to Euro Catalogs ... click on the page number for what interestes you. Click on Link below for the info you want ...

makofoto-at-earthlink.net.48825.48794
JohnL

Re: LINK to Edelmann special targets & instructions

Post by JohnL »

: On the Pilkgun site ... go to Euro Catalogs ... click on the page number for what interestes you. Click on Link below for the info you want ...
Thanks all for the info.
John
jelow1966-at-yahoo.com.48840.48825